Crossbow

iQ Works Q & A

277 posts in this topic

There are several clock pulse bits that just cycle over and over, but none as fast as 1ms. The command OUT_T is the command in the structured ladder language in GX Works2 for timers. OUT_C is counters. This is for the Mitsubishi-type timers and counters. In structured ladder, the IEC style timer instructions TON, TOF, TP are available. And YES, FX3 series units all have 1ms timers. T256 and above.

I think we already hashed this out except for the IEC TON, TOFF, etc. I just looked at the TON and they compiled a 1ms time value but it didn't realy work. I got a warning that it truncated it to 0ms. For 123ms input it truncated it to 100ms. So they are using 100ms timers somewhere internally. I think kaare_t's suggestion for generating a 16 bit timer clock with rollover is the closest solution. Why mitsubishi can't do this on their own software is beyond me. thanks, Ken

Remember FX3G is new to the game, the older FX products didn't offer 1ms timers. And you're talking about using vendor-specific commands inside a function block. Structured ladder function blocks are meant to use the IEC command set, not the manufacturer command set. So I am not at all surprised you are unable to use the OUT_T inside the function block. Structured ladder is not Mitsubishi ladder, and so it behaves differently. As of version 1.77, you can now mix ladder function blocks into structured ladder and vice versa, so perhaps that would allow you to create a ladder function block using the output coil and enclose it in a function block.

I'm not interested in being IEC compliant, I want the higher level of programming provided by the function blocks. Mitsubishi offers the 10ms and 100ms timer function blocks, all I want is the equivalent 1ms timer function block. If for some reason the IEC TON and TOFF worked properly I would use them, but they truncate to 100ms... kind of makes it tough to do a 20ms delay doesn't it? Ken

Just checked my version number Ver 1.64S. What version are you running karre_t?

1.77F If you registered your GX Works2 package (or iQ Works) on the Mitsu website you should receive e-mail notifications when new versions are available, this is what I did and I receive information when an update is available...

Sort was added in 1.73 or 1.77. The revision history is in the back of the GX Works2 Operating Manual (Common) in the appendix.

As i see, Gx Works 2 Version 1.87R (06/18/2012) supports Redundant PLC but with Simple Ladder mode only. I hope structured ladder will be available soon. Does anyone know about development status for this?

I do not think they plan to put structured projects onto the redundant system. Originally they told me that the process and redundant units would remain in GX Developer and that is why they embedded GX Developer into GX Works2. So I was surprised to see them added for simple projects. Also, Japan is releasing 1.91 now. Even more updates and changes.

Hey guys, I like the general idea of Melsoft Navigator, but I don't like the idea of re-creating projects with I/O modules, network modules, etc. Is there no simpler way to import the existing projects' I/O and network settings? Also, I've got an issue that GX Configurator DP doesn't yet integrate into the Navigator software. This is one of the most common fieldbus systems we use. Things like the batch read/ write is really awesome. I can "backup" all my PLC's with a few clicks. Crossbow, I don't know the extent of your connection with Mits, but could you please forward a request to support legacy devices like the CC-link module for the FX2N. (FX2N-32-CCL if memory serves) I've currently got version 1.83 - hopefully a few little bugs I've picked up will be delt with in the upcoming release. As we all know, software is continuously updated and with upgrades you can introduce bugs.

waynes, I know a few people at Mitsubishi in the US and can forward your suggestion. But I doubt it will go anywhere. The FX component of Navigator is extremely limited, at this time only adding the Ethernet module. What kind of support are you referring to? GX Works2 has got much better configuration utilities now for CC-Link, both for Q Series and for the new FX3U-16CCL-M. Graphic setup of stations on the network, more similar to what other networks like Profibus offer. And speaking of Profibus, GX Configurator-DP now hooks into GX Works2. So you can add a Profibus module in your Q rack and fire GX Configurator-DP to set it up from within GX Works2.

That is interesting. Have you actually tried it out? Afaik, support for the profibus card within GX Works2 (as an intelligent function module) was added with version 1.87 and indeed, there seems to be some dll's listed that refer to the profibus card. However, in Europe, we have been told to wait for GX Configurator DP 7.08 (currently at 7.07) because it wouldn't work without that version. And indeed, the profibus card is nowhere to be seen in 1.87. It isn't amongst the intelligent function modules. Last time i spoke to Mitsubishi, i had the impression that the 7.08 release was coming "very soon" but that is 4 months ago. Since then, they have been silent on the topic and there is still no sign of 7.08 and hence no profibus integration within GX Works2. If you have tried it, how does it actually work? Can you configure the profibus from within GX Works2 now? Or does it just launch GX Configurator DP as an external program. I was told that it would be fully integrated within GX Works2. In fact, i had the impression that the profibus config would be saved within the GX Works2 project.The only requirement was that you had to have Configuratir DP 7.08 installed on your pc. They made it clear that it would be more than just a simple link to GX Configurator DP. They said that the configuration of the profibus would be done in GX Works2. When they told me about the integration of profibus into GX Works2, i had the impression that it wasn't fully integrated into GX Work2 by Mitsubishi Japan (hence the need for configurator being present on your pc). I had the impression that Mitsubishi Japan just did the integration of the module as an intelligent function module within GX Works2 and that Mitsubishi Europe was writing some "program" to link the intelligent function module functionality with Configurator DP. In short, at this point, in Europe, we seem to be waiting on GX Configurator DP 7.08 to have profibus support from within GX Works2. I find it surprising that Mitsubishi USA would already have a working solution?

I have 7.08. I've personally never used it much, but I will try to take some screen shots into a PDF for you later.

That would be nice. Could you incude some info on how tight the integration is into GX Works2 (e.g. does it just launch Configurator DP or is the actual profibus config done in Works2). I had a look at the meau website and Configurator DP 7.08 is listed with a suprising release date of 2011. Strange situation since Mitsubishi Europe told me it isn't available yet...? Isn't all Configurator DP software made by Mitsubishi Europe?

Crossbow know what it is, but do not know how it works.shame Mitsubishi.Profibus DP function implemented crooked.profibas modules missing in melsoft navigator.

You got to be realistic about the situation. Profibus is not Mitsubishi's main focus regarding bus systems. Mitsubishi is focused on CC Link / CC Link IE so it's only normal that this system is tightly integrated into GX Works2 and not profibus. I assume it's the same situation with other brands (e.g. Siemens does not support CC Link from within Step 7 but has awesome profibus/profinet integration). Brands do tend to focus on and push the systems that they (or their market) prefer and i can't blame them for that. The situation is a bit annoying for european customers since profibus has been the standard over here. This won't be as clear cut with ethernet based bus systems though since there are quite a few solutions (each brand does seem to push it's own solution). I have always considered GX Configurator DP + QJ71PB92V as a good solution but proper integration into GX Works2 would be a nice bonus. Edited by Mitsu

in Russia say - the developers are stealing money.Mitsubishi is not moving in the right direction.it became obvious.more errors from release to release software.

@crossbow: i'd still be interested in a couple of screenshots/feedback from the profibus integration within GX Works2 if you have the time.

it's all here

@Kazah: that is not what i'm referring to. I'm talking about the inclusion of the profibus module as an intelligent function module within GX Works2. Apparently, this is possible with the US version of Gx Works2. Edited by Mitsu

Version 7.08 is not announced in Europe.Maybe in America has its own special Edited by KAZAH

@ Kazah Actually the version GXW2 v1.87 already supported FX3U-ENET-ADP? It looks pretty much the same, doesn't it? Or maybe they sorted out some bugs I don't know. Foggy software updates... Edited by djtron

upgrade the software to version 1.91.it all works. New GX Works2 1.91 version GX Works2 is a PLC software suite to program and maintain System Q,L and FX PLC. The new version 1.91 includes the following new features: ?? For Simple project (with labels), Process CPUs and Redundant CPUs are supported. ?? Ethernet connection to FX3U-ENET-ADP for FX3G/GC and FX3U/UC. ?? Network configuration of CC-Link IE Field Network can be set graphically in the CC-Link IE Field configuration window. ?? Global label improvements