Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teal854t

Panelview screen password

13 posts in this topic

One of our machines has panelview with one of the screen password protected. Someone changed it and nobody could access the screen. Is there any way to find out the password and user's name or reset the password and user's name? Thanks

Reload the application, then you will revert to the original password.

Regarding Ken's suggestion - if the 'Use Existing' box under the 'Operators' tab in the Security setup is set then downloading an application will not cause it to use those present in the download. To ensure the change make sure these are unchecked.

It is a Panelview Plus 700 and connected to contrologix.. We don't have software for panelview plus, we only have rslogix 50000. Is there any way to check fro rslogix5000 to enable the screen? Unfortunately the machine builder went under. Thanks

This latest information - which really should have been in the original post - changes most everything. If you can't get to the original file then, using RSLogix5000, if the program was properly documented, you may be able to determine if the pLC memory was used as a password storage area. Otherwise yoou'll probably have to get the display software and hope that you can upload and convert the executable file from the display, install your own passwords and re-download.

What software do I need to upload/download the program? Rsview32, FactoryTalk view? Thanks

You need Factory Talk View ME for the Panel View Plus.

Take a look at the following post to get the ME application file off the PVP terminal http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=16627 If the file is version 5.0, then it should contain all the necessary information to revert it back into a development project. That is, if the machine builder didn't password protect the file. Restoring the runtime project from a *.mer is in the user manual, in the above forum post. If the file is version 4.0, you can recover most of the application but not all of it back into a development project. That feature wasn't available until 5.0. The following link explains how to recover files from a 4.0 or older version MER (techconnect is needed) http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...hp?p_faqid=8913 As OkiePC says, you will need to buy FTView Studio ME to do all that.

You can upload the .MER to a compact flash card or a USB drive from the Panelview if you can get to the configuration screen. Then post the .MER to this forum and someone could have a dig around for that password. If there is no "go to configuration mode" button, cycle power to screen and when it powers back up, press the small white square in the bottom left corner. This should take you to configure mode. Navigate to file managment and copy file from internal storage to external storage (your compact flash card or USB drive). Might help to post your .ACD file aswell, might be some clues lurking in there.

The machine builder sent us a file but the extension is apa not mer. I will have them convert to mer file. The panelview plus 700 that we have does not come with key pad, just touch screen. It did not show a white dot or anything at all. How can I get to configuration screen? I could see white dot another of our planeview plus 600 with key pad above F1. I can go to config. screen by f1 button. Thanks

Not a FT expert but post the .apa file since that is the one you really want in the first place. Maybe someone with FT will look at the .apa file and help you.

Later versions of RsView ME have the little white dot...such a great feature of the Standard Panelview, I'm glad they added it to the PV There is a utility that will allow you to get to the configuration screen. To you have a support contract? http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

I thought you said the machine builder went out of business? .APA is the file you need. It is a compressed version of the project containing all info you need