Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

Compactlogix communication to Mitsubishi A2A CPU

5 posts in this topic

Hi.. I want to read and write some data from/to Mitsubishi A2A CPU using RS232 port on cpu and connect to CompactLogix DF1 port, it is possible? If yes, could I use messaging command (MSG write and Read) from compactlogix or using asccii write and read command? Any idea? Thanks. James

Mitsubishi A2A's don't directly support DF1. However, whenever you run into this problem, I always check into Modbus. The advantage of Modbus is that it is a free and open protocol (unlike ODVA and OPC Foundation protocols). You can download the specifications from www.modbus.org. The other big advantage of Modbus is that there is an interface or some sort of software or some other device that every PLC out there can use to speak it. Wtih the Mitsubishi PLC's, they have a Modbus/RTU (serial) card available. With the CompactLogix, you can download code from the sample code database on Allen Bradley's web site for free that lets it act as either master or slave. If the Mitsubishi port absolutely needs RS-485 and not just RS-232, then check into www.bb-elec.com for an RS-232 to RS-485 converter.

If its modbus use a prosoft card they work great

You could use a Red Lion Datastation as a "translator", http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachi...tationPlus.html

Thanks for reply. Its mean that connection between compactlogix and A2ACPU are using 1761-NET-AIC converter? I just download the modbus code from AB website, how to configure the mitsubishi input/output register? Thanks. Regards, James