Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sa747sp

Panelview Plus Alarms

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone advise on the issue of triggers for alarms in Panelview Plus systems. I want to trigger an alarm based on a digital bit change in state from 0 to 1 but keep getting error messages saying bits are not allowed. I also want to output an audiable alarm whenever an alarm is triggered and to reset the alarm from the HMI which will then become active on the next alarm to be triggered. Panelview is PV Plus 1250 Software is RSlogix 5000 PLC is Compact Logix L32E Any help much appreciated.

The trigger type 'Bit' is meant to be used with bit arrays. Try setting the trigger type to 'Value'. On the Messages tab, make sure your message is tied to that specific trigger and that it's trigger value is 1.

The other thing with alarms is that you cannot have 0 as a trigger (if I remember correctly). I have interlocks that are 1 when active and 0 when tripped, so I want to trigger when 0. I have the trigger as {tag}+1 and the value as 1. There is probably a better way to do it, but this is how I do it. Also below is how I generate loads of alarms as the GUI isn't that nice (there is probably a better way, but this is what I figured out). I have 300 alarm messages in my system with 140 triggers 1 - export couple alarms from FTView which saves as xml file. 2 - Change extension to .txt 3 - Open in Excel to get headers 4 - Generate the triggers and alarms in Excel (I have 16 drives, 20 level controls, therefore most of similar) 5 - When in correct format, copy the table into Word 6 - Convert the table to text 7 - Save As text file in Word. 8 - rename extension from .txt to .xml 9 - With Windows Explorer go into the HMI project folder and M-Alarms (for me this is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\AB\M_Alarms as my project is called AB) 10 - Delete the .mal file which will delete all alarms from your project (this can be done while FTView is running as long as the alarm dialog box is not up. 11 - Inport the .xml file into FTView 12 - If you want more than the default number of alarms kept, then change it. Sorry if what I'm posting is obvious