Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker

"Smart Line"

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever hear of a SCADA package called Smart Line? I know only that it is about 25 years old, and was or is Unix based. I am new to this company, and they want to update their automation, including a SCADA system, but they are insisting on Smart Line because all of their other plants use it. I have not been successful in getting information from any of the other plants, and my online searches have not been fruitful. Thanks, Dan

I can't speak about SCADA packages running under UNIX, but around the time you speak of, Total Control Products HMI panels were selling under the "Smart" moniker. They offered the Smartscreen, the Smart Panel, Smart PAnel Plus, Smart Touch and Smart Marquee products. The product line evolved into the Quick Panel line which got sold to GE Fanuc although the Quick Panels are still sold by Proface. They also had a Windows SCADA package called P-CIM. That information is from a TCP brochure from 1994. No mention of UNIX.

Thanks Steve. This is a plant wide SCADA system and is used primarily to generate production reports and monitor status / faults, not a standalone HMI. I am continuing to look...

Hi, Greetings to all, I have worked on smarline product (SMARTLINE SR HMI).But not sure if u mean this product ? Please refer following be useful http://www.messung.com/messung/products/pr...d=3&id=1#C2 Have a nice time . Thanks Tushar
1 person likes this

Hi, I'm looking for the pinout of the db9 Messung Smartline senior ex HMI programming cable. I am grateful for help