Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

Beckhoff and Wago

7 posts in this topic

Curious is beckhoff and wago actually the same product.

I am not familar with the Wago - Beckoff product line but try this thread from PLCs.net it might answer some of your questions... Wago - Beckoff thread

There was a time that it was like that. But now they got separated. So be careful with mixing them together.

Has anyone had any experience with the beckhoff line. have looked at the cx1000, but uncertain as to how to exactly connect it to a diplay.

There's a DVI/USB interface for CX-1000 (as well as serial and audio), but you must order it with CX-1000 CPU module as it is supplied ex factory in the specified configuration and cannot be separated from the CPU module.

Wagao and Beckhoff PLC are different. Beckhoff and Wago worked together for years, but at the moment I assume that only the I/O´s could be exchange between tis systems.

Recently, spoken to some technical guy from Wago, Apparently started on the existing range with Beckhoff, went individual ways abt 6~7 years back. Now, firmware probably very different, was told to go on a "buy back & try" method..... Hope it helps.