Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

totally off topic: Susan Boyle

9 posts in this topic

I'm not one to get worked up about stuff like this - but this is one INCREDIBLE show ... even on YouTube this dear lady's voice is astounding - I can't imagine what this must have sounded like in person ... whatever you do, don't miss the looks on those judges' faces ... those parts are worth watching more than once ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

A book by its cover ( not). Its amazing what the human voice can do to you when it sounds like that.

The female judge had to pick her mouth up from the floor. Great voice, and I'm sure now an instant star. Great for her.

I watched it on TV and thought it was going to be a cringe type of performance and was nearly ready to turn over to save having to listen to her get detsroyed by Simon, it was a real surprise, she certainly belted it out !

Yep, she is competition for Sarah Brighton and Charlotte Church. The Brits seem to have an abundance of excellent female artists. What's more is that I can understand what they are singing unlike most opera singers.

She is great...but can she dance like the Greek??!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9ufVuuNb0...feature=related

I'm sorry Ron, but my daughter wont let me listen to anything other than Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers... The closest thing we get to culture in our house is a colorfully animated cartoon (I must say the new Monsters vs. Aliens movie is pretty good). Ah such is my life. Russell Edited by PLCMentor.com

actually my wife and I haven't had a TV (at all) in our house in about 5 or 6 years ... (but no kids either) ... I almost missed all of this Susan Boyle stuff until I decided to click on one of the many links to see what all of the fuss was about ... PS ... one of the "things" about having no TV is that friends and family are always trying to "give you a spare" one of theirs ... no, thank you ... we don't WANT one ...

I have 3 TV's but if I watch more than 1 hr. a week it's rare. I understand the part about people trying to give you TV's. My father in law fixes old TV's and is always trying to give me one. I have actually never paid for a TV! Even the kids don't watch too much but like Russell, I do know more Hanna Montana songs than I care to. At least she has a pretty voice unlike the Jonas Brothers. Every year their school has what they call "TV Turn off week" which most kids cringe at but we've never had a problem with it.