Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mos89

log data to database/ethernet micrologix

14 posts in this topic

Hi, Do you think that it is possible to log data in file or database throw ethernet with a micrologix 1100 ? any idea ?

Sure the Ethernet I/P port on the micrologix would handle that. You would need some time of I/O driver on the logging side and software to log the data. Any of the SCADA systems out there could handle this (RSView or Factory Talk, Wonderware, etc.) Inductive automation has a module that just handles grabbing the data from an I/O driver and placing it in a SQL database. Maybe let us know a little more what you have in mind and budgetary info. Russell

Thanks for the reply, My system has to update 10 datas+ date and time in a file or database each time we change the recipe I want to do something simple and cheap

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=3

Hi Do you have other solutions without need of rslinx ?

The Micrologix 1100 does have a built in data logger which only requires the free version of RsLinx...still not quite what you were looking for but here's an example http://www.twcontrols.com/index.php?option...2&Itemid=38 You are going to have to have some median to connect the PLC Ethernet/IP protocol to the PC Another alternative that may be possible is to package the data values in the body of an email and send it to the PC. Then the PC would have to be able to recognize that the email is from the ML1100 and parse the data out of the body of the email.

thanks TWControls i will check the datalog solution

I have used the AB ActiveX from Automated Solutions to bring data into Excel and Access with success. It will alos work with Visual Studio and just about any ActiveX Container Program.

I tried getting this to work without any luck. I then created a program with just the rungs in Tim's example. Nothing seems to make it to the datalog program much less Microsoft Excel. I am online with the processor. Any way to troubleshoot, first in RSLogix, then in datalog program? Thanks

Post your program and we will take a look at your setup.

Are you toggling B3:0/0? The data is only logged on a False to True transition.

Hi Because i am using a proface IHM, i will try this : http://www.proface.fr/product/soft/server/server.htm it is much cheaper than allen bradley or other OPC server

Hi Ken, I made the mistake of changing where my email was being sent to, so I was unable to respond the last couple of days. I tried it in my program and also the example from TW Controls, no luck. I tried it on 2 different computers. I finally completely deleted everything started from scratch and not sure why but, it is now working. Tomorrow, I will try it on the origional program and hope everything works. Yes I know that it only logs from a flse to true transition. Thanks George Edited by georgegraziano