Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
claretwelly

Panelview plus

8 posts in this topic

Hope someone can help. The production manager at my factory recently visited another business and while there he noticed there panelviews had there company logo as a screensaver. Therefore he has tasked me with the same thing at our factory, but I just can't workout how to do this. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks

It's described in RA Knowledgebase article #28335. If you don't have a Tech Connect contract to view that, post here a way to contact you and I'll print/mail it.

I create a screen with my company logo and the customer's logo on it, then monitor the machine cycle and if no activity is sensed after a fixed time, I display this screen. I make a transparent pushbutton over the whole screen so if it is touched, the original screen comes back. I also use the backlight tag to lower the intensity of my logo screen slowly over a few hours of machine idle time. Touching the screen sets the backlight tag back to 100. This also lets me control when the "screensaver" is dislayed.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. Would anyone have a copy of that article cached? Knowledgebase is down here, and I rang tech support about it yesterday, and they didnt know when it would be back up?? Great!!! Tah :)

Check your PMs

I do not mean to bring up old posts but I do have a question regarding the screensaver feature for the panelview plus monitors. I notice that the knoledgebase article makes reference to panelview plus with the windows CE option only. It is possible that I am not reading it incorrectly but it appears to me that the article is refering to Windows CE applications only. Can you shed more light on this as I would like to incorporate the screensaver feature on some panelview plus monitors that will be running Factory Talk View ME applications.

All variants of PanelView Plus terminals, whether it be PanelView Plus, PanelView Plus CE (formerly called VersaView CE), or PanelView Plus Compact, run Windows CE as the underlying operating system. Currently, they all run on Windows CE 4.1. This technote applies to all variants of PanelView Plus running firmware version 3.20.08 - 5.10.xx.

I appreciate your reply, I go away knowing I learned something today.