Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Kennedy

OP15 Help!

3 posts in this topic

Hi All! I have a problem with an OP15C screen. Someone has very kindly driven a fork lift truck into the screen and broke it I have sent it away for repair and am currently waiting to see if the screen can be fixed, or if a local supplier can provide me with a re conditioned model (as they are now obsolete). Has anyone here ever transferred a project onto an OP15 screen? The project file I have ends in the file extension .O15. If so does anybody know; - What software do I need, I understand that it is a DOS based program. Is this available for download anywhere, or are there any 3rd party programs that can do this. - What cables do I need to do this? - Is it possible to do the transfer using my PC which has Windows XP running on it. Any help or relevant referance information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Phil Try www.lektronix.co.uk they both repair and sell repaired and reconditioned P.L.C & related products. I have checked their stocked items this morning asnd they have a number of OP15 in stock. With regard to the software it should be Protool that you require. I do not know if ti is still available but your Siemens distributor should be able to help. The version I have runs on Windows 98. Regards Rodney Edited by Rodney

The software is called Coros Comtext. Yes it is MSDOS based. It requires the Siemens RS232 to TTY converter to download from the PC to OP15 or a Siemens PG with TTY interface. Never tried to use Comtext with windows XP though.