Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gendy

S7 300 profibus problem

15 posts in this topic

I have PLC S7 300 with ET200,HMI and Ac motor drive connected together with Profibus the HMI was BT1000(model) from Jetter (manufacture) Now the BT1000 give 2 line indicate the manfacture name and date and give yellow and green led on (it mean communication fault) and the PLC give SF and BF the machine work normally but without display 1- Is that mean the HMI damaged or lost program(i try to connect to the BT100 with computer but didn't respond)? 2-Can I use another HMI like ETON that support RS232c (didn't have profibus) and how? 3- I found the switch of profibus cable in position "on" at ET200 And BT1000 what is the effect of more than one at on position in the profibus network? 4-when I Upload the program it didn't have a symbol table, I enter(manually) some I/O description in symbol table but i didn't find it appear at program how I insert this description at the program?

Salamaleikum gendy. I dont know what goes wrong with the jetter display, but as you describe it, it does not sound good. I also do not know the ETON you mention. RS232 is not enough, there must be MPI or Profibus available. You should go online with the CPU and investigate the diagnostics buffer to see why SF and BF are lit. Dont just look at the very last entry in the diagnostics buffer. The switch on the Profibus connector activates the termination resistor. So the switch must be on in the ends of the Profibus dasiy-chain. I take from that, that the CPU is somewhere in the middle. Not sure why you dont get the symbols. Are they turned on in the project ?

Wa 3lekem elsalam thanks for that guid, but for the disply that didn't have MPI or rofibus they write in thair manual it can connected with S7 300 , I see in another place that can be connected by the pc cable (programming cable) if his disply have port 485 it can be used or not? when i go to on line it give me 2 error code message 120 and 2000? and nothing appear in profibus network except the CPU in diagnostic bufer it give me error module configured but not avaliable preset /actual mismatch expected type Dp slave current type not avaliable for symbole i didn't see it online or offline even when i try to wrte the input and output from drawing maually (in symbole table) it didn't appear in the program

Hi again gendy. About the Jetter display, then as you describe it, it sounds as if it uses a Siemens PC Adapter as an interface between RS232 and MPI or DP. An eventual onboard RS485 port cannot be used. I am guessing the Jetter display is connected via the DP port on the S7-300 CPU, as you described it in the first post. About the error on Profibus, then the CPU cannot see the any of the slaves. If you tell me the exact details, then I can help you further. What S7 PLC type is it exactly ? How are the Profibus components connected exactly ? Example: (Jetter (on) <)---(Cable)---(< S7-315 X2 port (off) <)---(cable)---(>ET200 (off) >)---(cable)---(> ET200 (off)>)---(cable)---(> AC drive (on)) Notice how I have described where the cable enters the connector (by the "<" and ">" arrows), and if the termination switch is off or on. Please do the same.

hi the configuration consistes of about 15 devices 1PLC, 2 ET200, 1 HMI, about 8 drive and some temperature all in the profibus (Jetter (on) <)---(Cable)---(< ET200(off) <)---(cable)---(>CPU 315DP (off) >)---(cable)---(> Ac drive (off)>)---(cable)---(> AC drive (on)) ..........and last one of drive return to the cpu 1315DP so the only on is jetter on drawing but now i found in actual ( it may happen after the display fault) the ET200 (beside the Jetter) is also on for the HMI i'd like to investigate that the exisists one was Jetter and have 2 port one profibus (connected) and RS 232 for programming but the HMI seems it have fault ( I think if the problem in communication only it will apear its application screens without values) so we search for its replacement with another one, most the low cost HMI have RS232 and RS 485 and some of them mention in catalog it can connected to siemens S7 300 but i didn't know how? and if it is possible the application program of PLC will change or not ?

Hi again. Try to turn termination on, on the last ET200 slave before the Jetter HMI. Then observe if the slaves comes online. Edited by JesperMP

Hi ok that is the actual now ,as i said, on drawing only jetter but actual ET200 also on

Hi Again I 'm stop now ,I didn't know what i try ? Is anyone have a suggestion ??

Hi. So .. my advice. Plc type 3xx 2DP, im1xx? which From the manager press Ctrl + D, fast access to page Cpu Diagnostics to check the diagnostics usually detects errors in the program from here. In the hardware configuration go on line and then see which node is in error (also message). Put in block ob 82 86 122; on the siemens support Support site search fb125 or Fc125... but what was said and to give the diagnosis when everything is OK and an error occurs on the network. Now, I understend that you have not shut down and Bf SF Led. 1) GSD files are OK and updated. 2) the speed of the network is set right for all device/module?, I usually use 1.5 M / bits. Make sure all participants have the same speed. 3) Compile the hardware configuration with nothing written in the ob (empty). 4) be sure to power on supply the network participants. 5) Cpu load in the empty program system (harware configuration) 6) Commute to run. Cpu must be in run, Maybe there are some errors but the cpu must stay in run. whether thereis in stopo check with hardware online. 7) if there is still problem, proceed as in step 3, but hardware configuration not put all the participants, put a couple at a time, fill out and send in run. We say step by step slowly. the procedure of step 7 in the process of putting into service is important, because you can also check the harware connection. For my experience is: Problems harware or GSD incompatible or not updated. Sectioning the plant you'll find them. Good luck. Bye

Hi thanks, about the GSD files how I check it, and Is it the last update ? for OB 82,86,122 i found them ,but empty files, Is it normal?

The machine was already running, until the Jetter display started to act up. So it is unlikely that the problem has to do with the GSD files. As I understand now, the Jetter display has been removed completely, and the terminator is on in the connector on the last slave before the Jetter display. In that case the bus should continue to run as normal. However, is the machine running or not at the moment ? Are all the slaves OK ? If there is a poblem with the entire bus being faulted, then I think it is a good idea to activate the slaves one-by-one. Simply turn the termination on on the first slave on the bus after the CPU, if that slave goes OK, then continue by turning the termination off on that slave, and then on on the next slave, and so forth. My best bet at the moment is that it is a cable problem, or one of the slaves are defective.

Hi yes the machine now running,dislay removed in general i"d like to know more about GSD file problem,How I check that it is updated? no problem? in case if GSD problem that device will not work at all or it may work and appear error message?? I have a message " in diagnostic bufer it give me error module configured but not avaliable preset /actual mismatch expected type Dp slave current type not avaliable "

Hi again gendy. Try the Hardware Diagnostics rather than the Diagnostics Buffer. It shows you which slave is affected. If it is the Jetter display, then it was setup as a slave, and the data exchange was via I/O areas.

Hi finally the machine problem solved by repairing the Jetter display(Hardware repair) the machine run normal SF and BF led off now but I still didn't see the network by the laptop (connected with MPI cable) Is there is method to see the content of EPROM with laptop not Siemens PG?

Hi gendy. To read the program from the flash card, you need a Siemens Prommer for the USB port, or a compatible 3rd party device. But you can also just go online with the CPU and upload it that way.