Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Looking for the Right Word

12 posts in this topic

I am searching for a word/synonym. It means to improve or make better. Implies reformation and revolution without the negative component those words contain. Does such a word exist? If it starts with an "R" that would be even better.

maybe something like: enhance develop enrich upgrade advance transform modernize when in doubt, I type the "closest" I can come up with in Microsoft Word - and then hit Shift-F7 ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Revitalize renovate reincarnation refresh edit: Refine meliorate

Ahh you guys took all the good ones... Only one I could think of in addition is Restore If you are looking for an interesting name for something you might also look into the translations of the words already given into another language. Russell

renew refurbish regenerate revive revamp replenish recondition recreate

BEER RE-FILL BEER RE-FILL .. .. ... ..

And the right word is:?????????????????

Ken I can see that sleepy has put a lot more effort into this subject and I think its going to work Rodney

Don't quite know yet. may be a month or two before I finish the rest of my teaching material and pick a title and "the Right Word" Parience is a virtue, don't ya know?

first "reformation" and "revolution" ... now "teaching material" ... you're starting to scare us, Bob ... this isn't some sort of "anarchist" handbook is it? ... (don’t tell us if you’d have to kill us afterwards) ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Kaizen, it is a Japanese word for improvement or continual improvement. I call it raising the high bar but kaizen is much shorter and not a metaphor. I use the term raising the high bar a lot as a metaphor for higher standards,goals etc. A champion raises the high bar until only he can make the jump. Edited by Peter Nachtwey