Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Kennedy

Protool CS & OP17 Compiler

4 posts in this topic

Hi all. Im trying to modify a project using protool. The project is integrated into my S7 project, which I dont think should cause any major issues. The problem is, every time i try to compile the project I get the following error message; ++++++++++++++++++++++++ Synchronization (Compile) completed. OP17 Compiler version 6.000 E1207 Cannot open 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\MY DOCUMENTS\KHS\BARR SOFT DRINKS\CUMBERNAULD\C1\KHS MULTIPACK CONVEYORS\CONVEYOR SOFTWARE\TK5716_8\TDOP\PRO.fud' file. Compilation aborted with error ++++++++++++++++++++++++ I have checked in the project directory and the .fud file it refers to is present, but for some reason it still wont work. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be caused by? Thanks!

Hi Phil. In case this hasn't been resolved, then are you opening the project from inside STEP7 ? If one tries to open the PRO.pdb file from the S7proj\TDOP\ folder, it can mess things up. If you cannot open the project from within STEP7 because it complains that Protool is not integrated, then there is a utility to switch between integrated and non-integrated.

Thanks for the response. I have tried both opening the project in S7 and exporting and opening the project in protool, with and without intergration. I emailed the software to a colleague and he managed to compile the software without issue. I was then able to download the files without issue. I still cant compile though, but I think it might be more to do with my version of protool. When I get the chance im going to try and resinstall the software from scratch and try it again. Thanks again for your help.

When it refuses to compile, then take note of the evntual error messages. In case some odd errors are reported, it may still be possible to compile.