Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthanhcanh

NP USB driver problem

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I cannot install USB driver for NP touch screen on Windows Vista Pls refer the attached picture and help me resolve the problem. Thanks

Does the NP programming software run under Vista at all? Have you tried on XP install?

NP Designer runs well on Windows Vista but cannot install USB driver. USB driver is ok on Windows XP and I have made some projects before on my old laptop. But now, I have the problem with my new laptop and Vista.

Sounds to me the driver is just not Vista compliant.

I am exactly in the same boat. I am running both vista & xp on my laptop and switched to xp to load the program. I don't know if you can program the hmi through the serial port for now. I will try that this week, I actually would like to run vista 64 on my laptop and have to see if CX-ONE is even has compliant cp1h drivers for that. I know the regular programming works from my home pc (vista 64), haven't connected any plcs through the usb port on that though. I've also used a np screen tied to a s7-200 (Siemens) and it works great. Just don't follow omron's directions for hooking it up. They suggest setting everything to rs422 and that doesn't work. I recalled siemens using rs485, and when I set it to that it all worked like a charm.

I am surprised the USB driver does not run on Vista. Have you disabled UAC? It is the cause of most problems. The USB driver for CX-Designer and CX-Programmer run fine on Vista. Even FINS Gateway 2003 is fine on Vista - even with Controller Link PCI cards. I no longer use XP Pro - only Vista now. For 'legacy' devices I run XP Pro inside Virtual Box from Sun Microsystems without any problems so far.

UAC has been disabled on mine since I installed vista. First thing I do. I'll be running Vista 64bit from now on, I have a gut feeling that the usb->plc drivers won't work. I'll find out I guess shortly. I dual boot XP, and will install CX-One on my XP partition also. For just programming Vista 64 bit has been working fine on my desktop. NP Designer works fine under Vista 64 bit also, just the drives once again are the issue.

I use Vista 32 bit and UAC is disabled too. CX-ONE (CP1H & CP1L USB driver) and Finsgateway 2003 work fine but NP USB driver doesn't work. Edited by nguyenthanhcanh

Guys, Stop trying NP designer is NOT vista compatibel. at least not V1.00 I have heard there is a V1.01 that can be purchased. however I doubt if this is vista compatibel. regards, MPM

On this page you can download Eaton HMI software V1.14.00 http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Markets/Elec...rface/index.htm I knew that OMRON NP serie came from Eaton HMI serie, and that software were almost the same. I downloaded and installed the latest version from Eaton because i was curious to see if there is a newer USB driver, and that is the case. I dont have Vista to try it but i scrolled in the software folder and i saw Vista driver. I mean, there is some chance you can program the NP with the Eaton HMI software, and if so, the USB driver is no longer a problem. Edited by pfort

as far as I heard the NP series were Delta terminals.