Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bunkerpete

A-Series internal clock, using it

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm very new to PLC's and have picked up some of the very basics. I have read some books for beginners and the A-Series programming guide (very hard going). I am trying to get some dehumidifiers running at night. I have some code from "navillusi" on a previous posting that gives me h m s into three registers. I was planning on using a compare instruction that I found for the FX-series but the A's dose not appear to have one. Can anybody help? I have tried my self and just got a headache. I’m sure it simple but not for me

Hi there! What kind of instruction do you want (which instruction did you find for the FX)? What do you want to compare, and what kind of result are you looking for? Which programming tool do you use (Medoc, GX Dev., GX IEC Dev.)? Guess you already know, but if you're programming an A-series, I would recommend reading the instruction set for that specific series

Ok, I was thinking of using the "cmp" instruction but if there is a better way of doing it please tell. I’m using GX Dev. I think iv read the instruction set for the a-series but its making sense of them all! All I want to do is switch on an output at a specific time; this would be a good start. I’m slowly getting the hang of it all, but this one is proving a real problem.

Can't you just compare the value with less than/greater than instructions? I'm not really into GX Dev. but something like "If D0 is greater than 10, and smaller than 20, THEN M0=True"....!? Sorry for not being able to provide you with a GX Dev. example..... Anyone else with a code line?

i hate CMP instructions when one can do inline comparison and it looks like A series supports inline comparisons (didn't bother reading manual). just start typing LD= D0 K5 <Enter>: or LD>= D0 K20 <Enter> etc.

Thanks all thats fantastic, I think iv got the hang of it now