Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matty101

C200H-LK201 Host Link Problem

10 posts in this topic

Hi to all, I am currently assisting in the installation of a facility in India which is using 2 systems each using a C200H PLC. I am currently trying to access the programme using the LK201-V1 host link. Without the host link the C200H shows in run condition I power down, insert the host link, power up & immediately receive the flashing red error on the C200 I get the same problem when connecting to the other system I have also the same problem when tried with the backplane only my SW settings are 0,0,5,2 with rear switch settings 1 off, 2off, 3 on, 4 off. I am assuming the common fault here is the LK201...is it common for the host link unit to fail? Can it be checked? Or am i missing the obvious here . Any help is appreciated, welcome and definitely most needed Thanks Matty

Your C200H system may have a I/O table registered, putting the LK unit in changes the I/O table. Software or hand held will tell you what the error is. Try powering down the PLC, install LK201, power up, using hand held or software "create" the I/O table. Hope this helps

Thanks...that sounds logical enough. I dont have a hand held....only software...even when I power up with software connected I still get the PLC error display. Incidently the 201 i am using is the V1 rack mount which adds even more sense to your reply. Do you think the 201 CPU mount version would bypass this error ?

I agree, this issue is almost surely an I/O table issue. There is some slight chance that there might be something wrong with the LK201, but you will definitely get an I/O table error when you plug it in even if the module has no problem. If my memory serves me correctly, you should be able to still access the program with this I/O table error. Just plug in (with special cable, not a standard 25 pin serial cable), set your communications up for Sysmac Way (labelled Host link in some software / manuals) 9600 baud, 7, E, 2. If the goal is to leave the module in the rack, I would then create an I/O table, after saving the original to a separate file.

Thanks for the advice Michael, I have configured the pin setting (RS232 9 to 25) as per the omron helpsheet. Still the same error. I have since found out that the original installers never used a rack mounted host link for these systems but comms were via a CPU mounting host. Do you think this route could provide an answer? Or is that wishful thinking ! Matty

If I remember correctly, the LK201 is not even part of the IO table, so I don't think this is the issue. When you get the error on the CPU, is the serial cable plugged in, or is it not plugged into the LK201? What other modules are on the backplane of the PLC? If the LK201 is not working, the face mount (3G2A6-LK201) may solve the problem.

Hi, I have tried comms in-situ with the serial cable both plugged in & absent. I have also removed the backplane & tried comms without the I/O modules in place. The I/O modules are a combination of 122's 222's & a 215. If you are correct & the LK201 does not form part of the IO table, the possibility still remains that my 201 is faulty. Is there a way of checking this? Thanks for your help - most appreciated Matty

There is no diagnostic mode for the LK201. It is sounding to me like the LK201 is not working properly, especially since it is putting the PLC in error. The reason that I asked which modules were on the backplane was to make certain that you did not already have 2 LK201 or LK201 modules, which is the limit for a C200H. At this point, I think your best step forward is get another LK201, either backplane or face mount. The only thing that I would encourage you to do is double check the DIP switches on the back of the LK201. 1 = OFF 2 = OFF 3 = ON 4 = OFF CTS = 0V LK201_back_DIP_switches.bmp Edited by PMCR

Oops, my bad on the I/O table comment. PMCR is absolutely correct. It is not a part of the I/O table. I have not touched these older models in quite a while.

I still have 2 C200H systems running, and like Michael have not hooked up to them in a long time. I have a C200h-LK201 (rack mount host link) that would also put the the processor in error, hence my error on the I/O table. I hooked up a spare C200H system up, the bad LK201 would put he C200H into fatal error, and the LK201 error lite would come on. Communicating with the PLC mounted host Link (3G2A6-LK201) the error log showed fatal I/0 bus error. Another C200H-LK201 worked fine, and Yes, it did work even if the PLC had the I/O table registered. Sorry for the confusion.