Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indepthmarine

NS Web interface

8 posts in this topic

I have NS12-TS01B-V2-HB Yes, High Bright version NS system version 8.1 trying to connect with NS Web, I have downloaded web interface manual from MR PLC, thank you. Using Internet Explorer V7 IP address 168.192.0.1 I view the following: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. NS language is set to English Ethernet is enabled. FTP/WEB is enabled. Network 1 Node 1 is selected. any suggestions? Thanks again

That's an interesting IP address. Are you using it or 192.168.0.1? How about it PMCR? Can you use this address on the Web?

Whoops. I meant 192.168.0.1 I even went back and tried it again to make sure I did not make the same mistake when trying to connect. Still no luck. I entered the screen system menu, and changed the IP address to 192.168.0.2 and tried that. Same response. Perhaps it is a high bright firmware issue? I believe I used different firmware than the normal NS12 when updating to V8.10, that I got from the local Omron Rep. I will call him Monday morning to see if this firmware has the NS Web capability. Thanks Tim

Hi Are you connected direct, or through a hub/switch? Are you using the correct cable? Crossover for direct and a patch cable when through a switch? Just a thought Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

Good Point. I thought that must be it...then tried a crossover cable, still no connection. I have tried straight cable direct, and through a (home) router. I have tried the crossover cable direct. I will try another laptop in the morning...

What is the IP address of the laptop or PC? Can you transfer the project to the NS via Ethernet? It sounds like it should work to me. I have the web function running on several NS screens. The only difference is the -HB issue. Check with Omron Canada to see if they have tested the NS-HB with the web server.

Check your host PC ethernet adapter is set to primary. See PMCR's post in this topic.

Omron Canada came through as usual. Thanks everyone for suggestions. Turns out it was a (my) simple mistake...subnet mask was 255.255.0.0 on NS and 255.255.255.0 on laptop. 5 minutes on Omron phone support had it working fine. The High Bright screen is compatible.