Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

New knowledge platform launched: myOMRON

13 posts in this topic

Recently I discovered this new Omron website: www.myomron.com It seems to be the new European knowledge base platform for Omron FA products, especially regarding software. Not all website sections are finished yet but the knowledge base already contains over 1000 articles! I have not yet figured out how to register but I think one will be able to gather your personal favourite links etc. Funny detail, MrPLC is even mentioned in the links section of the website

Excellent idea. My congratulations for Omron. But, at the moment, I will continue being here.

Can't hide anything from you guys. The omron guys are very kewl guys.

Hi All, So you've found our new site !! We went live January 1st, but silently to allow us time to experiement with a few customers in Europe. From the beginning of April we will actively promote myOMRON as a new interactive platform for after sales service & support. Based on the years of experience our engineers have in Industrial Automation, we want to provide a resource that is full of support materials - FAQs, technical notes, examples etc etc. Registered customers will get the benefit of using myQuestions, an online help desk integrated with the knowledge base + downloads, subscribing to articles and lots more! We asked MrPLC if we could provide a link from myOMRON, because we see MrPLC as an excellent resource of people who are able (and keen!) to offer help and advice to others. We hope to support that from myOMRON with additional knowledge & examples. So register at www.myOMRON.com from April... Kind regards James. ------------------- OMRON EUROPE Edited by James Riley

Cool site. It even can translate the articles from the knowledgebase through Google translate. Tried a couple and the Dutch is quite readable. And I even found some of my support requests translated to a knowledgebase article. Can't wait till I am able to create a acount. Good work Omron guys! Edited by René Heijma

Hi All, What do you know - not even April (quite) and it looks like the free Registration is now enabled. Go get it while you can Bertie. Edited by Berti Baker

So James, are you eventually going to let us Canadians register too?? We need help too ya know!!

Hi, Regsitrations are welcome from all over the world (and it is now possible to register), however the response to any questions posted may not be quite as fast... sorry about that, but we have to funnel your request through to the best person to help you in your area. Outside Europe, that has to be done manually at this moment. But who knows, maybe myOMRON will become global in the future! Kind regards James.

Did you get the confirmation e-mail as well? I registered this morning but still awaiting the confirmation email...

Hi, Yes you should recieve a confirmation email - I assume you checked in your junk folder just in case? Kind regards James.

Got the confirmation. It was a snap. I can now post questions. Haven't done that yet as I don't have any at the moment.