Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
claretwelly

Factorytalk View Studio

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me how i can password protect a button? On a panelview plus I have a menu screen with a series of buttons for going to other screens. I am looking to protect my 'Engineers' and 'Calibration' screens from operators. Any help would be apreciated.

I have RSView Studio 4.0 I idon't know what you are using, but here you go. Go to the Explorer in Studio on the left and go to User Accounts. I like selecting RsView 3.X accounts. Create an account called Engineer and select "Y" for all of the Letters A through P. then Create a password. Next create an account called Calibration and do the same. Create a password. Next create an Account called Operator and put a "Y" only in the box for the letter A. Leave the other letters with "N". Close Add a Login Button call it "Login User". Under that, add a Logout button. Above both buttons add a Display List showing which user is logged in. On your main screen you will have to login as "Operator" or "Enginneer" or "Calibration", Default is "default" the first time you run the application or everytime you shut down and restart it. Go to the screen or pop up you want to protect. Right click on it selct display settings and set security code to B or any letter but A, because A will let the operator to mess with it...Done... You just have to add a popup keyboard if your using a touchscreen... Hope this helps Edited by jimdi4

You can also apply visibility animation to buttons (and such) using the visibility expression like this: CurrentUserHasCode( A) OR CurrentUserHasCode( B) Edited by finfin

Logix_HMI_Password.pdf I had the same problem before and here is one way around the problem. Tag: HMI_Login controls whether the protected GOTO buttons are visible or not. I create a numerical input that connects to Tag: PasswordEntered. If the password is correct then Tag: HMI_Login is Latched. After a set time the Latch is reset.