Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

CX-One V2 to V3 Upgrade Problem

3 posts in this topic

We recently upgraded three seats of CX-One from V2 to V3. Two seats installed flawlessly but one caused us serious problems AND 6 hours of my time. To save others from this problem read on:- CX-One utilizes version 1.1 and 2.0 of Microsoft .NET Framework. At installation of the upgrade it checks that both .NET Framework version are installed on the computer. If it finds one or both are missing it will first install them from the CX-One DISC1 and then continue with installation of the CX-One applications. HOWEVER if one or both .NET Framework versions are installed but the installation is broken, corrupted or has incorrect registry keys then CX-One still tries to install the .NET Framework. If this is the case you will see that the status popup "Installing .NET Framework" flickers ON and OFF and then stops/pauses with a message asking you to manually locate the netfx.msi file. 1] Don't waste your time cause you won't find it anywhere on you computer. 2] Don't try to download .NET Framework from Microsoft and extract the netfx.msi file. Will not work. 3] Removing the .NET Framework applications using Control Panel Add/Remove and reinstalling the .NET Framework will NOT work. The only way I could get this to work was completely removing the .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 with the following utility. http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live....leanup_tool.zip Once removed reboot and start clean installation of CX-One from DISC 1. This will now install a completely fresh .NET Framework 2.0 followe by .NET Framework 1.1. Once complete installation of CX-One completes normally.

Thanks for the tip BitsNBytes

I wonder if Registery Mechanic would work? I have used itt with great success after uninstalling CX-One to clean up the mess and then have been able to re-install without any problems. Whenever I uninstall anything now I run Registery Mechanic to clean up.