Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

NFPA 79: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery

4 posts in this topic

Found the view for free links on this page useful ; thought I'd share. http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/AboutThe...s.asp?DocNum=79

You must create an NFPA account and password first (you will get spam from NFPA). Nice find, you can view NFPA 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery or NFPA 70 National Electrical Code. Nice!! Bud

I've been using the NFPA's free reading service for a couple of years and am grateful for it for several reasons: 1. I can see if a spec applies to our company before buying the book. 2. I can find the NEC wire size tables faster than I could even open the paperback copy I own. 3. It's nice to show the boss why I need to buy a particular spec or the newly updated version of one we already own. My only wish is that they'd quit sending me "join now" spam & catalogs via snail-mail every month. I don't mind paying full price for their books, but I don't have enough money to join and pay the yearly fee for a meager 10% off of 3 books that I order every 3 years or so.

I buy the CD's. The CD has all the NFPA codes. You can print them if needed. Plus, you can search for a term and see all the codes that may apply, which really helps me a lot. Plus you can just grab a snapshot of article and send it to your Boss.