Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
got

[step7] how to replace DBx

9 posts in this topic

hi, into step 7 i want to replace a4.0 by DB1.dbx0.0 how can i do that? replacing an input/output by a memory Mx.x is possible but i am not able to replace something in a DB ? is there a solution? thank you

not sure I understand your question! You have A 4.0 (in English I presume Q 4.0 in your program and you want it to be DB1.DBX0.0 instead.. As in changs =Q 4.0 to =DB1.DBX0.0 Is this correct, can you perhaps explain better or put in an image of what you are trying to do?

Yes this is what i want to do. But i have not just one net (i am using ladder ... ) to change but a lot. So i want to use an automatic replace function. And the one in step 7 seems not to allow that... am i clear?

how many addresses? You could export the blocks where the outputs are (not in symbolic) and then use a text program like word to do the search/replace and then re-import. The DB's you use must exist.

for now there is two different adress to replace by two others. But they are in 5-6 function block. and there is about 15 occurences. there is no easier step? i had better made the change manually. thank you for your help...

Hi got. If you have symbols turned on, then the searching and replacing has to be by the symbols. If you want to replace by absolute address (like replacing A4.0 with DB1.DBX0.0), then turn off the symbols - do the replacing - and turn symbols on again. Also, be sure to select the search scope to "All". STEP7 has a tendency to set it to "Selection", so it wont look outside the rung you are working with at the moment.

this is for the replace/search tool available when editing only one function block or i miss somthing? but this could be better that done it manually thanks

Hi again. No, you can only search-and-replace within one block. If you want to do it over several blocks, then you have to resort to other methods. This is only worth the effort if you have a lot of changes. A different approach would be to work with symbolic address priority, and change the symbol declarations. The changed symbols will then take effect throughout the project.