Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navillusi

Texas Instruments TI505

7 posts in this topic

I have come across two old Texas TI505 PLC's which I need to back up with a view to replacing, I believe that the required software is called TISoft and/or Software Workshop. Is this correct and is the software (which I believe is quite old) available for free (download) or is it still available to purchase? Also, what is the pin configuration to manufacture a serial comms lead?

heres the cable pin out both are db9 female connectors 1,4,6------------1,4,6 2------------------3 3------------------2 5------------------5 7,8---------------7,8 9 no connection 9 nc as far as the software i'll have to do some digging to see if i still have it ahh found it

Siemens took over TI PLCs. So they can sell you this software for sure.

TI also sold "VPU"'s video programming units. Perhaps e-bay may have them

The software for the old 505s is expensive as all get-out from Siemens. I would recommend Fastrak Softworks 505 Workshop. It's less expensive, and they can also sell you the cables you'll need. www.fast-soft.com for more info...

At my plant we have and still use several older TI-505 series plcs. We use the Ti-Soft software because the newer software does not work well with some of the older plcs, unless you upgrade the firmware. The firmware upgrades take 2-3 months to get from Siemans, it comes all the way from Germany and is not a stock item. Can you give the exact model number of CPU you are using? The nine pin cable will not work on some of the older models, because they have 25 pin connectors, I may be able to dig up the pin-out for a 9-to-25 pin cable if you need it. The Ti-soft software is currently at version 7. I have versions 5 & 6. The Ti-Soft software cost a few hundred dollars, the SoftShop software is around 2000 USD. The downside of the Ti-soft software is that is DOS based, and may or may not work on a newer OS. I have had good luck using WIN95,98 and NT4, even though NT4 is not supposed to work very well. Since you are looking to replace these units anyway, I would go with the Ti-Soft since it is cheaper.

Joint us at easybatch.serveftp.net. We can resolve all your problems about Simatic TI.