Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mpereira

RSLogix 5000 software/firmware version compatibility

6 posts in this topic

I am currently working with a customer's RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Edition software which has versions 12, 15 and 16 installed on the laptop. These are the only versions he has at his plant. He has an older machine which has a CompactLogix L32E processor with firmware version 13.24. Connecting to the controller with RSLinx returns a big question mark and the name of the processor. I eventually discovered that this is due to the mismatch between the processor's firmware version and the firmware version available within the RSLogix 5000 that I used. The customer does not have a backup copy of the controller's program so a firmware update is out of the question. Do I have to obtain version 13.00 of the programming software and how much does Allen Bradley charge for the additional version? Thank you for any help you can provide.

You can grab that saw and cut off that arm and leg while your at it!

To view that verision you need version 13. Otherwise just do a save as to the newer version but then you have to upgrade firmware on processsor and also verify all the cards on the sam firmware level. Its like chasing the wind. Well it is what it is in RSLogix, good thing about it is that if you have a license copy and you still have support you can go to the website download version 13 and not miss a heartbeat. You do not have to buy the new version, your license or support is you way to download all versions. Also you need to look at the Firmware/ Software CPR spreadsheet, get familar with it, that spreadsheet is your best friend as it relates to questions of firmware versus software compatibility. http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/firmware.html << go here, register as a user to log in and look at the "Control Hardware" link. This will show you the firmware software and CPR level for v13.

If your customer has a valid licensed copy of V16, unless I am mistaken he should be able to download V13 software freely from rockwell. you'll need a Tech Connect ID but this url should help http://support.rockwellautomation.com/webu...roduct_list.asp,

Thank you for the information, my cuctomer does have a licensed copy of the software and I have a current Tech Connect account. Seems to me that backward compatibility should be a top priority in any programming software package. Thank you again everyone.

There shouldn't be any need to do downloads. If your customer has the CD's for versions 15 & 16, then version 13 will be included on them. Just insert the CD, start the install, and select V13.