Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mehdi4467

Problem with NTXS

15 posts in this topic

Hi I want program NT2S HMI by NTXS software. as you know in this HMI we have some register like screen trigger register and etc but when we make a new project these register didn't appear in tags screen. I attached this screen. for your information : when I make a new project and select NT3S all register is appear.

I don't have software NTXS, but I'm using Cx-One and it runs very good. I think you should download and use its

Not very helpful there mate... oh and can we download CX-One these days ?

thanks I do this but not work, after I download it in NT screen appear default page: NT2S-SF122B-E V2.10A OMRON

Post your *.pzm file.

Your NT model is powered from the serial port. For cable diagram, you should have used the most bottom diagram in your document. Also check the NTXS User manual, page 172 for your communications cable, page 173 for the download cable. Can you download succesfull? Does the terminal communicate with the host? (check comms LED on host) What happens if you set DM0 to 1 or 2? Note that screen numbers are set in Hex and not in BCD!

I solve it the problem is from node number in host link com port. I set it to "1" and problem solved. but I don't know why we must change it to 1, before this I leave this to 0 and all thing was ok. thanks for you reply.

I believe the host link node number must be unique. Node 0 is already appointed to the terminal therefore you need to pick any in between 1-255. Of course the host link port on the PLC must be assigned the same node no. Glad that it works now

but before this when I used older software "NT2ST" and I leave node number of plc to "0" all thing is ok and worked.

Probably it has to do with 1:1 or 1:N connection.

Hi On NTXS this is a known bug. Usual as with NT3S there is an automic switch that switches the HMI to node 1 and PLC to node 0. For Nt2s this does NOT happen in NTXS. I heard from my contact that is can also not be changed in the NTXS SW. Please exchange the node numbers ( place hmi on to 2, put PLC on 0 and then put HMI on 1 again) problems should be solved now I see also a lot of communication ongoing regarding cables. People NTXS SW V1.04, latest, stable and a MUST to be used. ( bugfixes and correct fw for NT3S terminals) has an installable manual that shows all cable connections and basic descriptions of all NTxS terminals. Note however that early models of NT2S terminals can NOT be programmed with NTXS. regards MPM Edited by MPM

Yes, and if my memory is good, you have to download the firmware first, and once its done you can not anymore get back to NT2ST to program the NT2S. But NTXS offer much more possibilities.

Hi you can alays get back to NT2ST for newer terminals. On power up press F1 and F6. The memory will be reset. After that you take NT2ST SW. There is a function called firmware upgrade. Download with this function the correct firmware for the terminal. Now you can use the terminal with NT2ST again. This is also the state as it comes from the factory. regards, MPM