Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest modesto

What's wrong?

5 posts in this topic

hi there! i'm having troubles when i try to communicate with panelview 550 K5A5 using panelbuilder32 software. i don't get to communicate using RS232 port because when i try it, i receive a message telling that i have to verificate my cable, but the cable is working propelly because i've got to communicate with panelview 900 and dl40 without any problem. i try to communicate using pass-throug too, and i can see the slc 5/04 and the panelview 550 icon in the rslinx, but when i try to upload the program, it says that it isn't a remote io link...i saw in my documentation that's possible communicate with a panelview via pass-throug even that the protocol with the plc and your remote panelview be a dh 485. I try to communicate with panelview 900 via pass-throug and i've got upload the application without problems, but it's a remote io panelview... The firmware of the panelviw 550 is 1.07. If you can help me, i thank you. Modesto. Sorry about my english because i dont speak very well.

from Panel builder, select RSlinx and setup for pic cable.  I know this sound dumb, then use the RS232 cable. The last time I work on a panelview 550 the guy who first set it up told me to do this and it worked, go figure!!

I agree using the pic driver to comunicate with the panel view 550; the next thing that you need to check is, the node number asigned to the panel view. you can check this in the panel view communication setup screen or you can change the computer node number just to verify that you don't have any problem with the node number configuration I hope this will help you

check that you don't have other ports active like an infared port

Your terminal part number tells you a lot about how to download, which is confusing in your above post. 2711-K        Keypad           5      PanelView 550, 5 1/2" diagonal screen             A    Amber screen, monochrome               5  Data Highway 485 protocol on an RS-232 DB9 connector. The K5A5 terminals are meant to plug either directly into the Channel 0 port of a MicroLogix controller, or into a 1761-NET-AIC for conversion from RS-232 to RS-485 electrical levels. They use the DH-485 protocol, despite the fact that they have a different physical connection (RS-232 signalling) than most DH-485 devices. Because the part number ends in 5, we know this unit has only the one communication port (no printer/download port). We also know from the firmware 1.07 that it does not support ATA Flash memory cards so we cannot use those to transfer the program. IMPORTANT: The RS-232 port on the PanelView terminal is NOT a standard RS-232 port. Pins 2 and 3 are REVERSED from ordinary RS-232 assignments, so that you use a straight-through serial cable to connect from a PC or a MicroLogix or an SLC-5/0x controller to the PanelView. You CANNOT use the same cable as you use for upload/download to a SLC-5/04 Channel 0 or MicroLogix Channel 0. In RSLinx, you use the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver. Physically, you use a straight-through RS-232 cable or an Allen-Bradley 2711-NC11, -NC12, or -NC13 cable. Do not use your 1747-CP3 or other "null modem" type cable, unless you add another "null modem" adapter to it to switch the pin assignments back.