Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Paul Mann

A1S with E710

2 posts in this topic

:-8 Wondering if anyone could shed a little light on the following. I need to control the Recipe Directory from within the PLC program, I have set the Recipe Control Block in the HMI Application but am a little unclear as to how I proceed to change the recipe directory. I am aware that there are seven registers each assigned a particular function but what is the correct protocol for their use ? Currently the change recipe function is assigned to a global Function key but I wish to set the directory when a condition is met in the PLC Prog. Thanx in Advance

If you let it, the HMI will take care of all the recipe control and you will not need to write any code within the PLC to do this. The HMI will store, delete and load recipe data to its own directory, and transfer this to the PLC registers that you will have designated within the recipe. Some help from E-Designer: Current directory register: You specify here the first of four 16 bit registers where the terminal inserts the name of the recipe directory specified for the block. The name can then be presented in an ASCII object. The function always uses four registers (eight characters) irrespective of the length of the recipe directory. Recipe ctrl. block Control block to save/read/delete recipes through the controller system. Creating and transferring recipes with the controller system Through a control block in the controller system you can create, transfer and delete recipe files in the terminal. The files created from the controller program are compatible with the recipe files created from the terminal. I.e. recipe files created in the controller program can be downloaded into the terminal, and vice versa. The control block appears as follows. Under Setup/Recipe Settings you define the first register in the control block. This and the seven following registers are used as control registers. The control block is described in the following table. Ctrl reg 0 Command Command register set by the controller system. Available commands: 0: No command. 1. Save recipe to terminal. 2. Read recipe from terminal. 3. Delete recipe from terminal. 4. Create recipe directory. 5. Change recipe directory. 6. Delete recipe directory. Ctrl reg 1 Handshake Handshake register set by terminal. 0. Ready for new command. 1. OK 2. Recipe file write error. 3. Recipe file not found. Ctrl reg 2 File name char. 1-2 Name of recipe file/recipe directory in the terminal. Ctrl reg 3 File name char. 3-4 Ctrl reg 4 File name char. 5-6 Ctrl reg 5 File name char. 7-8 Ctrl reg 6 Start data register The first data register to be read/written to/from recipe file. Ctrl reg 7 Number of registers Number of registers to be read/written to/from recipe file. The following procedure must be carried out: 1. The handshake register must be 0. If not, reset the command register to 0. 2. Enter the command in the command register. 3. Wait for the ready signal or error code in the handshake register. 4. Set the command register 0. The terminal will now set the handshake register to 0. Note! Recipe directories created in E-Designer cannot be deleted in RUN mode. See also section "Recipe directory in run mode ". Limitations Recipes created in the controller system can contain a maximum of 1000 registers. Only data registers can be used. The following characters cannot be used in recipe names: ! ? < > ( ) + / * = ° % # : . [space] , and - This is really only used when you want the PLC to load & save recipes on it's own, there is another way, you can use a device within the PLC to trigger a macro in the HMI to load the recipes for you.