Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HiGhVoLtAgEgUrU

RSLogix 5000

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone willing to share a program that they written in the 5000 software. Name taging is confusging me somewhat. I learn really quick by looking at actual program. I feel comfortable with the RSLogix 500 software now. I have never used the 5000. Also if someone can direct me to a literature on 5000 on how to use it. Thanks alot for the help. I learned alot here.

see if the information in this thread is any help ... http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...amp;postcount=1 Edited by Ron Beaufort

Let me try and broad stroke cut to the chase. 1. The windows based interface is somewhat similiar between 500 and 5000. 2. With 500 you had a program split into various ladder files of code ; with 5000 you'll have several tasks each split into several programs each program having several ladder files. 3. 5000 tasks can be continuous, periodic or event driven. Each task specifies a main program and calls and executes all scheduled programs. Each program calls a main routine and from this other subroutines. 4. With 500 you had a global usable by all ladder files data structure set this consisted usually of I; O: B; N; F; T; C and R files. 5. With 5000 you have both global {their called controller scope} and local {their called program scoped} tags. The same name can appear as a program tag in multiple programs. THis means program one can have a tag named Flintstone and program two can have a tag named Flintstone and they can be different values. To pass data from one program to another you need to use Controller Scoped Tags. 6. A little more about tags - They can be plain english names PusherExtendFlag, PusherRetractTag and so forth. They also can be declared and added during an online edit for the most part. Hope the above starts to answer your question.

thanks Ron and Wiz what I did, I opened up the 5000 software and went over the help tab and found very good tutorails. I've been reading that so far. If someone has a small program where they have used timer and counter would also help.

just put a TON at the end of the line, create a new tag, lets call it TIMER. Now when you want to create a timer done or timer timing bit, all you have to do is find TIMER in the drop down box(of the NO or NC contact) and you will have all of the available options, EN, TT,DN,etc.. Counter is the same process. CTU

Alright CB, I'll try that and get back to u guys with more question

On this website you can find RSLogix 5000 sample programs http://www.amci.com/sampleprograms.asp Good luck to you. Safety first!