Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donovanr

Compact L43 Power up Fault

6 posts in this topic

I have an intermittent major fault occurring on my L43 processor Major Fault Type 1 Code 60 It is similar to BobLfoot's previous post, however the fault does not occur straight away.. Previous Post I don't have a CF installed All modules have been upgraded to the latest firmware to suit V16 I have sent a Fault Dump Utility file to RA Eng.. Now waiting for a reply.. Has anyone else struck this problem? Major_Fault_Small.bmp Edited by Donovanr

I believe I had this issue before a long time ago, and I'm going from memory. Check that all locking tabs are locked, end cap is installed and if I remeber correctly if you pull out the controller module, and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes it resets or near the battery plugin there are some reset pins that you have to use a small screwdriver to short together.

Hi CoolBreeze I have already disassembled the PLC cards and then assembled back in place insuring all locking tabs are sweet.. The 1768 connections arent as good as the 1769 design, because there is no real locking tab... However i haven't disconnected the battery as you explained... At this stage RA Engineering have asked for the processor to be sent to them for examination and a warrant processor is on the way.. Edited by Donovanr

Sounds good, but it shouldn't have to be like that. I'm taking this as it was a new purchased item, and they say that all devices are tested, but here a case that isn't true. The problem is now you have to wait even longer to get a replacement when you had a workable device in your hands.

Yep brand new processor... So you purchase a tech support contract so you can solve there issues with there equipment, at your cost

Its been a few months since my original post. I have replaced the processor as per Rockwell tech supports advise in early march. Installed a CF card However i have had the same major fault occur in July where it just deletes the logix program and sets a Major Fault Type 1 Code 60. The only way to recover is to reset the major fault and reload the logix program that has all the old tag values... I had the same error occur in the workshop and now onsite I have sent the fault dump files and also the fault.bin files that are created on the CF card when this occurs to Tech support, they still waiting on a response from Engineering My next option when onsite next is to use the Task monitor tool to check out the status of each task?? Has anyone had similar issues with L43's? Major_Fault.bmp Edited by Donovanr