Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

New project advice S200

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've just been giving a project to do in work. It's basically a batch weighing machine. I'll be bringing the Weight into the PLC via a load cell amplifier to an analogue card. Is there anything that I should be looking out for, I'm more of a S7 300 kind of guy and have very limited experience on the 200 range and software. Regards, Colin

You may Simplify it a bit. Siemens makes a weight module called Siwarex MS module. This module comes with the ablity to handle your batching functions. If you have to use more than 1 load cell then you can combine your load cells in a Siwarex JS box. Depending on the resolution you need, a converter can become an issue. Contact your local vendor for more info. These modules have alot of built in features that make building a system alot easier.

I had a look at these and they would be brilliant if my employer would part with the cash! Unfortunately it's one of those odd's and sod's jobs where I have to use whatever I can find lying about. Still, I'll keep them in mind for the next time I get a project like this. Colin