Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mitsubishi-Indiana

Barcode over Ethernet and Serial

7 posts in this topic

This was a recent application that we configured that might help others. The Matrix 400 barcode scanner from Datalogic was used with a Q series PLC from Mitsubishi. The project includes the ethernet settings required to open up send & receive ports with the scanner. The ladder includes the code necessary to send a "R" read command to the scanner and bringing the buffer into D words. Also, in the video is a demonstration of how the extra serial port on the HMI can be used with a serial barcode scanner. Video: http://www.allied-automation.com/video/AAI...de_ethernet.wmv GX-Developer Project: attached to post aai_barcode_sample.zip

Thank you. Might come in handy. So you are using Q04UDEH ? I haven't seen one of those new q series cpus. What do you think of them compared to old ones?

Can someone upload a pdf of project print out for this? I have a similar project (ethernet to object recognition sensor by TCP/IP). I've been waiting for the 'big update' before updating GX-dev so can't open the file.

same here, my 8.55h can't open it.

PDF printout file and project file (converted to Q02) is attached. aai_barcode_sample.pdf aai_barcode_sample_q02.zip

Anyone has experience about the barcode scanning toolkit I am tetsing these days? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.