Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BLI

Problems with Keep function

12 posts in this topic

I am trying to do the following logic - two inputs (Power and Reset) and one output (DC motor). keep.bmp I need when 01 is ON and 02 is OFF to power 101 (the motor).After that I need when press and release 02 (Reset) once to shut down 101 (the motor) even though with the power still ON. I tried something (I attached the picture) but what happens is actually keep the motor running when power is OFF until pressing once reset (02). Pressing Reset while power is ON shuts down the motor but as soon as it is released (becomes OFF) it starts working again. Any ideas how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. BL

Not the way i would have done it but if you want to do it with KEEP instruction, just replace your 0.01 input by its rising edge. You should also erase the normaly closed 0.02 contact as it doesnt change anything there. As you use syswin and you take 1.01 as output, i assume it is a 10 I/O CMP1A? Oops no forgot about what i said for CPM1A ...output word would have been 10 channel...so 1.01 is a work bit or an input, depend on the PLC...

Thanks for the reply,pfort. How can I do it without KEEP? I used 1.01 just as an example for an output.Nothing specific.

I did not meant that KEEP was not good...a suggestion: Your 0.01 input seem to be a switch (maintained). Change it for press button

Is there a special button/function for rising edge/press button because I didn't find anything? My question might seem obvious but I am a bit newbie

I suggest you download a programming manual for your PLC. You probably speak french, if yes and prefer french manuals you can download it at http://industrial.omron.fr/fr/services_and...re/default.html

I was going to say "Why french?" when I noticed that my settings were showing that I am from Belgium. I have no idea why it was showing it but I corrected it. I've found one manual in English.I'll check it out.

The DIFU instruction is what you are looking for.

Please keep the discussion on topic, so that other users can participate. Your example is not correct. The contact address you define in your DIFU instruction will be on for a single scan as long as the condition that precedes the instruction is true. You can use the address defined in the DIFU instruction in the rest of your logic as a single scan pulse. What pfort suggested is to have your input switch 0.01 which is now a steady signal turn into a single pulse when switched on. Use this signal to "latch" your output when turned on, and use a normally closed contact of the reset input 0.02 to unlatch the output. The address defined in the DIFU instruction should be an internal address not allocated to your physical I/O, e.g. 50.0. Try something like this: -----[0.01]---------------------[DIFU 50.0] | -----[50.0]---------------------(1.01) | | -----[1.01]------[/ 0.02]--| Or with KEEP function: -----[0.01]---------------------[DIFU 50.0] | -----[50.0]---------------------[KEEP] -----[0.02]---------------------[1.01] I don't have Syswin available to make the example. Read the manual.

Thanks,PdL. As soon as I get to the lab I will give it a try. By the way with DIFU is very elegant decision :) Edited by BLI

Thanks to everybody for the help. I think I've come up to a solution.You guys are great