Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

Word Swapping

9 posts in this topic

I am using a CJ controller. I have a DM reg that I need to swap the contents of the first eight bits to the second eight bits. For an examples: DM100 = 0000000010010010 would bceome 1001001000000000. DM100 = 1001100100101111 would bceome 0010111110011001. The results does not have to be in the same DM address. Thanks in advance for any help Edited by frank.raymond

First thought would be the MOVD instruction. It may require two instructions, but the Destination for both can be the same. I did NOT check the manual, but pretty sure this will do what you want. Hope this will help.

Thanks for the reply. I hate to ask but could you please show me the ladder logic.

Based on how quick this reply came back, I would guess you have not looked at the programming manual. Please secure a copy of manual #W340, and look at the Data Movement instructions. MOVD is part of that group of instructions. It is relatively straight forward, the trick is setting the Control word correctly. A bit of trail and error will help you to understand what is happening. Basically I am saying that if you do this yourself, you will learn the instruction and retain the knowledge for the future. Hope this will help.

If the result can be in the same DM address, use swap:

Use MOVE DIGIT MOVD(083. Note:- The same word can be specified for both S and D to copy a bit within a word. AND GET THE MANUAL!!! MOVD.pdf

SWAP is the better instruction. Y'all just want to punch him through Digit Designator...

On the other hand, here is a small tutorial on MOVD. How to use the MOVD Instruction @ MrPLC.com

SWAP is the way to go - swaps the bytes around.