Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crash

Modicon gurus look here

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody come up with a method for using non-Telemecanique M340 Memory cards? It really chaps my a$$ to think I have to pay almost $500 for a 128Mb SD card. Edited to remove illegal verb Edited by Crash

Talking about hacks or password cracks is against the terms of service of this website. Please do not discuss illegal activities like hacking in the forums.

Me too, i am told its a "Special" format, but i saw one of the Schneider guys the other week and i popped the SD card out of an M340 he had and it had a 1GB Kingston one in it. I asked him how and he went a little red had a cough and splutter and said it could be done but wouldnt divulge any more than that !! Crossbow: As far as i am aware i dont think formatting an SD card to fit in a hardware platform would contravene any copyright terms of the hardware or terms of use of this site

The discussion is regarding circumventing the protection built into a controller. That is against the terms. It's not a password hack, but it is trying to illegally bypass some component of the system, in this case the memory card protection.

Crossbow, if you really are being serious, which i suspect you are then........ May i suggest that you remove ALL references AND advertising on this site to the selling of after market programming cables: http://www.mrplc.com/plc_cables.shtml

If I have violated the ethical values of this site, the correct response would be for an administrator with the proper authority to remove the topic. Otherwise, don't question my scruples in a public forum.

How are aftermarket cables and bypassing the system's built in protection of memory cards the same thing. And as for the proper access, you might have noticed I am part of the moderator team. I never questioned scruples, i simply stated that this topic can be construed as trying to circumvent the obvious tactic Modicon used to make people buy their memory cards. All because you think they charge too much. How is this different than pirating a copy of Windows because you think it costs too much? Terms of Service: "You understand that you agree to not use Us to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party"

Crossbow politely responded initially that "Talking about hacks or password cracks is against the terms of service of this website. Please do not discuss illegal activities like hacking in the forums." Yes it sucks, the pratice of Telemcanique in this instance, and yes there is obviously a work around as the sales rep had one. Was he willing to share.. no.. if you had a bit of injenuity you could probably get around it. But the fact remains that these topics are not openly discussed on the forums and we do not condone it. "If I have violated the ethical values of this site, the correct response would be for an administrator with the proper authority to remove the topic." Why is this the correct response? I believe that the approach used was correct so that others may not request the same topic in the future. He did not chastise or question your scruples. Being a moderator, he could have also raised a warn level as well (which he has not). BTW Thanks for using the word scruples... I had't heard it in years..