Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agrajag

Prosoft MV156 MBP (Modbus Plus) AB Module

2 posts in this topic

Hello, Can anyone explain how to determine where a given MV156 MBP module address is in the PLC being read? For example, one bit of data is being stored in a controllogix processor as tag "MBP1.ReadData[7].6". I need to find the modicon address in the PLC that this bit is mapped to that is setting the bit. I have already identified the registers that contain the MB+ routing path. I have explored the MBP registers and have begun to dig through the Prosoft documentation, but would benefit a lot from someone that may have experience with the module. Thanks in advance. Regards, Agrajag Edited by Agrajag

Update: I figured it out. Just in case anyone ever has the same question (and runs a forum search), I'll answer myself. To associate a given read data array tag to an address in a PLC on the network, follow these steps: 1. Find the master command settings. My master command settings are tagged MBP1.Cmd. I think the .Cmd part is the default. 2. The *.Cmd[x].DevAddress tags will contain the starting device address in the PLC being read or written while the count will contain the number of registers for array item x. For example, *.Cmd.DevAdress of 100 with a *.Cmd.Count of 10 will translate to address 40100 through 40109 in a Modicon Quantum PLC. 3. The *.Cmd[x].IntAddress will specify the starting location within the module that the data is stored. In my case, this means that if *.Cmd.IntAddress is 100 and the count is 10, then my *.ReadData will be filled in the array from [100] to [109]. 4. The *Cmd[x].Device contains a device ID that, once matched to the *.Device[x] register, can be used to determine the MB+ routing path. Cheers, Agrajag Edited by Agrajag