Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scada Tom

Power Supply Battery Backup

7 posts in this topic

Any suggestions for a 24 VDC power supply with battery backup? Want to use 2 small 12 VDC 7 -12 AH batteries, DC power supply. I've seen and made the diode isolators, but the issue is the power supply has to be current limiting (otherwise after a long outage the batteries will be a dead short and standard power supply will overload).

Here's anoter source to reply or check into http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=10394 Don't know if it wil help...

Phoenix Contact makes a 24VDC UPS. http://www.phoenixcontact.ca/news/248_7867.htm

AB makes a 24VDC UPS. It's part of their new line of UPS stuff. Check their web site for information. They also make various "redundant power supplies" which may be worth a look if your concern is the power supply itself and not the power source.

Thanks those are two really good looking products. I have used the AB 1609 UPS before, its a DIN rail mount UPS, well suited for use inside control panels

I currently am using a phoenix contact ups on a large system and it works great, it was easy to install and gives you a large selection of load current, I have the 20 amp model.

We rep and use the Phoenix contact 24VDC Battery Backup units. One thing to remember is that even with the incoming supply off, the battery is supplying the 24V to the output side. Our electricians have learned to take out the fuse before wiring these in a system.