Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donovanr

Downloading project via Ethernet

9 posts in this topic

I have found the solution to my problem after a little searching but what a pain in the A!! When downloading a project to a NS5 screen using Ethernet, i had to disable my wireless connection on my laptop to allow the transfer to complete... Are there any other options that i have missed? How can i be on my favourite forum website when i dont have an internet connection NS5 touch panel upgraded to version 8 firmware. CX-Designer 3.001 Edited by Donovanr

Omron uses 2 different connections to download to an NS on Ethernet. A Telnet connection is used to put the NS into Transmit Mode, then a FINS connection is used to transfer the project. The Telnet connection seems to use the correct Ethernet card, but the FINS connection does not. If you have gotten the message that the NS is already connected and you must restart it, then the Telnet connection previously put the NS into transmit mode, but the FINS connection timed out. You may be able to overcome this by changing the priority of your Ethernet Adapters in Windows. Change your wired Ethernet adapter to Primary, then reboot the PC and try with wireless enabled. The attached document is from a manual I wrote for use with an ActiveX Control, so ignore the references to the ActiveX Control and simply use it as a reference for setting your wired ethernet card as primary. Changing_the_Windows_Primary_Ethernet_Adapter.pdf

Very useful tip PMCR I knew the workaround (disabling "Auto-detect" workstation ID also works) but never the actual cause

PMCR Thanks for your response, your right about the two connections. Sometimes you can get the NS in Transmit mode, but then it would just time out. I will have a crack at changing my settings Cheers

Found my Local Area Connection was below my Wireless Network Connection in the pecking order... Now works a treat!! Thanks PMCR Edited by Donovanr

Once more I would like to thank PMCR for this tip. Where before I was competely in the dark when getting strange connection problems, this method has now saved me a number of times where I would have been desparate. Also remarkable no tech support has ever mentioned this. Nowadays this on top of my checklist for connection problems!!! e.g. recently, a project with 7 CJ1Ms on Ethernet to a Dyalox running NS-Runtime. After a while, my colleague got a call that NS-runtime would occasionally loose connection with 1 host. After checking all the obvious, I was baffled. In CXP, I could get online with with "auto detect workstation ID" checked with all 6 hosts but not that particular host, but when I unchecked auto-detect for that host it connected. All in one project tree, using same network settings, same hardware, same routing tables, double checked everything a hundred times. Comms between CPU's with SEND/RECV was working for all hosts. Then I remembered the above setting. I thought it would make sense if all hosts suffered the same symptoms, but what can it hurt... I changed the adapter to primary, et voila. Instant connection by NS-Runtime and CXP could do auto-detect. Why only this CPU suffered these symptoms is still unclear to me but at least I was able to solve it!!

Hi! This is my first post in here. I have started to work with Omron PLC and NS panels. I have problems getting download in CX-desgner via ethernet PC -> PLC -> NS12. I have changed primary ETN card in laptop and have tryed every setting (I think). CX-designer gives right away error : downloading / uploading failed (0006) Here is some information: IP´s PC = 192.168.2.63 PLC = 192.168.2.61 Router = 192.168.2.1 Ethernet network no. 2 NT link network no. 1 Panel communicates normally with PLC but I cant get download access via ethernet. Have read Sample program here in forum and also tryed with Omron manual. Just cant get it work. Please help. I post printscreens later here from my settings in Cx-programmer and Cx designer. CX designer.doc Edited by simppa80

Please post a picture of your CS1 I/O table showing position of CS1W-ETN01. I have doubts about the reliability of your routing table and I/O table.

Thank you for answer. Here is I/O table: Edited by simppa80