Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highgait

PLCSearch

7 posts in this topic

I'm a new group member. I'm current developing a product on an CTC PLC but I'd like to produce the product using a lower cost PLC. Basically I need ~10 DI's, 20 low current DO's, and ~20 AI's. I'm not asking for a specific model PLC to be identified I just need to be pointed to some mfgs that may offer this product at a lower cost. I have been cruising the net but my eyes are starting to cross . Thanks Dave

Dave, Try www.AutomationDirect.com or www.IDEC.com. Automation Direct has a nice line of brick PLC's and they have a newer modular PLC that uses Mdobus that start under $100. They also have 2 lines of IO products that are enthernet based. Idec has a nice line of bick PLC's as well.I believe that pricing is similar. There is also B&R and Wago. I know there are more out there os please guys don't hate me for not mentioning them. These are the ones I am most familiar with from a cost vs. reliablity viewpoint. Fred Loveless Senior Application Engineer Kepware Technologies http://www.kepware.com

I assume this is an OEM application. Never used them but you might want to take a look here: www.entertron.com

You can get to those I/O counts easily with a Mitsubishi, FX3U would be a good choice. They make an 8 channel analog input block for the FX family. A small base PLC, one output extension block, and 3 of these and you'd be in business.

Have you tried www.ezautomation.net?

You should also take operating environment into account as well. If the end user location is going to be very dusty, hot or a washdown environment then I can tell you from experience that the "cheaper" plcs, Automation Direct, EZAutomation, Wago, won't hold up. You may as well bite the bullet and put a more hardened, expensive PLC in there because it will save you money in the long run. If it's going to be a dry cooler environment then those PLC's will be fine. Just some advice from experience!