Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alejandro Matás

XBTGT & S7-300

7 posts in this topic

I have a Siemens CPU 313C-2 DP with a CP343-1 Lean ethernet card. I want to communicate it with a Telemecanique HMI model XBTGT5330 via ethernet. So far, unsuccessfully. How must I configure the Siemens card in NetPro to allow the communication?

The CP343-1 must have an IP and Subnet. Then i assume that in the Telemecanique HMI you must specify IP address, Rack (= 0) and Slot (= 2) for the PLC connection. Of course, the PLC and HMI must be reachable. You can try to install a switch with your PC, the PLC and the HMI attached, and then ping both PLC and HMI.

The PLC & HMI are both reachable. The rack & slot cannot be configured in Vijeo Designer (just IP address, fetch port and write port). I assume I must create 2 links in SIMATIC NetPro, but I don't know what type. What do you mean "load the S7 protocol in the XBTGT"?

I wonder which method the Telemecanique HMI uses. The references to "fetch" and "write" ports could mean that the special method called FETCH/WRITE is used. This is an old method that is only used today when you need to replace S5 systems.If this is the case you need to setup ISO-on-TCP connections as described in this FAQ: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1853547 However, the best is to investigate the documentation and sample programs from Telemecanique, if there is any.

The ISO-ON-TCP connection need TSAP numbers, which I don't have. The TCP link option seem to be the correct one (configuring one link with the port 2000 & "Passive fetch" mode, and another link with the 2001 & "Passive write" mode), but it does not work. In the XBTGT manual states that the screen uses 2 links to communicate with the S7-300, but I don't know how to create & configure them in NetPro.

Solved!! You must configure in NetPro 2 TCP links, one for "Passive fetch" and other for "Passive write". In Vijeo Designer, the option "Host port override" must be activated (with the configured ports in the links in NetPro). Thanks to everyone