Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antagor

OMRON CX Supervisor and OPC

5 posts in this topic

Does any one have experience connecting CX Supervisor with OPC server from some other supplier. I have problems so maybe somebody can help me. When I run SCADA I dont have communication between SCADA and PLC so I have to start OPC editor, to stop communication and then to start it again ant then a have normal communication? Other problem is with scripts. I have receipts in SCADA which I have to download in one of two PLCs.So I have memory variables IN SCADA in which I can download receipt ant then to transfer these variables in similar variables in PLC1 or PLC2. I have one script in pushbuton object. This script is working correctly (SetPointValue(var_PLC1,0,var_SCADA).....). And I have the same script but as Project script whic is started when some bit from PLC is ON. This script does not working correctly. I receive message "OMRONCXOPCCommunicationControl:Failed to write item to server..." for every variable in receipt. Does anybody have any idea?

Hiya, Just some questions from me that might help me or others respond: - Which OPC Server and version are you using? - Are you using Local comms (on same PC) or remote comms? - Can you see values in other clients? - What is the script command you are using to write the recipe ingredients? I would strongly recommend connecting a second test client, like Rockwells Test OPC client to confirm the server values are correct. Bertie.

Hi all! Three years ago I succeeded connecting Cx-Supervisor with a LENZE OPC server (called DriveServer). Like you I had lots of problems because of the Cx-Supervisor versions and all them were solved with Cx-Supervisor version 1.30. Be carefull with Cx-Supervisor releases! There are always changes and some features (OPC or some calculations) stop working. In order to check your OPC, I recommend you to use an OPC explorer (just another OPC client!) and you see it your OPC is properly set up. If you needs it, as soon as I go to the office, I'll upload my notes and an OPC client. Unfortunatelly everything is written in Spanish. Your problem with scripts points again to OPC link. Good Luck!

Hello! This is an example for Cx-Supervisor and Kepware OPC Server to conect TSX Micro http://www.infoplc.net/Ejemplos/Ejem_Omron...ervisor_OPC.htm

Hi again! Indeed when I wrote this project, I followed al the steps shown in your link. Unfortunatelly there was a failure in Cx-Supervisor between 1.22 and 1.24 releases and the OPC as shown in the link did not work at all. It is important to use either versions below 1.21 or above 1.30. OMRON had no answer for this issue. Anyway, if you need further information regarding this issue, do not hesitate to contact me. Regards,