Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthucuc

Omron's Servo

15 posts in this topic

Hi, every body! I'm going to study about Omron's servo motor and driver of it. But I don't know servo control method and number of pulses per rotation. can you help me, please? thanks!

Here's some bedtime reading.... Smartstep A Series Models R7M-A_ (Servomotors) R7D-AP_ (Servo Drivers) User Manual Omron’s Space-Saving R7D-B Series Servo Drives Deliver Advanced Functionality in an Ultra Compact Design at Low Cost R7D-B Series SMARTSTEP2 Servos Data Sheet R7M-A/R7D-AP Smartstep A Series Servomoters/Servo Drives Operation Manual R7D-B-Series Servo User's Manual R7D-B-Series Servos Brochure G-Series Servo User's Manual G-Series R88M-G_(AC ServoMotors), R88D-GN_ML2(AC Servo Drives) User's Manual [24MB] G-Series Servo Drives and Servomotors R88D-GN/R88D-GT

See also http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=12125&hl=

Thank you everybody! I could controlled for servo fast or slow running, but I don't know when servo stop and number of pulses per rotary. Also, I don't know this table in below, what does it do? who know about it, please help me. Thanks.

I want to read speed of servo in system that include CP1L - Servo drive - Servo motor. I use PRV() command but I see valuable which CP1L read is not true. I want to question: the way read high- speed of servo motor from servo driver of it.

Hi! Just look at it. It's easy to understand what it is suggesting you: Different control methods for your controller in order to make your servo move. It's just your wiring! CW+CCW means that your controller gives any of them when running. CW is given to turn your servomotor clock-wise and CCW to turn it counter clock-wise. PULS+SIGN means that your controller gives a pulse train for speed and a PULS for sign (turning clockwise or counter-clockwise). To turn your servomotor slow your controller must send a low frequency signal (let's say 1 Hz). To turn your servomotor fast your controller must send a high frequency signal (let's say above 1 kHz). As you may imagine, this depends on your GearBox parameter setting (parameters Pn20x). Good Luck! SUBY

I have two Omron's servo motor. My problem is when servo 1 is rotating with frequency f1 servo 2 is rotating with frequency f2. Now, I want these two servo motor rotate with same frequency. my resolution: 1. PLC -> servo drive -> servo motor. 2. PLC -> inverter -> servo motor. I use resolution 1, don't I? with solution 2, I think I can execute it.

Servos are not rotating by themselves. The PLC rotates them by providing positioning pulses. If you want to rotate motors with the same speed- just do this in the PLC program.

but, with system involve PLC - servo drive - servo motor, PLC can read number of pulse output of servo drive (mean number of pulse input PLC). If it can, how I must to connect line between PLC and servo drive? Because when we connect servo drive with servo motor, we supplied power from servo drive to servo motor and feedback encoder signal and other thing from servo motor to servo drive. PLC - inverter - servo motor: feedback encoder signal is that connect direct between PLC and servo motor, therefor PLC can read it.

You are using a servo drive in positioning mode (mind you, the model specified can operate only in this mode). With the drive in positioning mode, servo motor is a stepmotor for the PLC. Stepmotors are by definition open loop systems, meaning no positioning feedback is necessary for the PLC to know the motor position. As long as the servo system is powered up and not in error, it is supposed to execute all valid positioning pulses from PLC. The PLC high-speed port coordinate indicates the motor position (after being preset once). The position feedback encoder is integrated into the motor and connected to the servo drive. It is NOT conected to PLC. The servo drive does not and can not send the motor position reading to the PLC. Edited by Sergei Troizky

thank you very much to everybody! I read again manual of device and also think like Sergei Troizky. Therefor, now I must to find control law in R7D - ZP02H. And, I've never found manual material that write about them. Who have them, can you share to me ? I hope everybody could help to me. I'm real needing them' Edited by nguyenthucuc