Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geek

Panelview 550 Comms Problem

5 posts in this topic

Dear All, We just bought a panelview 550 Cat #: 2711-T5A16L1 Ser B Frn 4.46 but having a communication problem. We can download and upload on the RS232/Printer Port but cannot communicate on the RS232 DF1 port so cannot hook it up to the plc. I'm able to communicate with the same cable and rslinx on a panelview 600 DF1 port. I'm using rslinx clasic 2.5. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank You.

What happens when you click autoconfigue in RSLinx?

Hello Mickey, Thanks for the reply. RSLinx tries the various baud rates and eventually displays: "Failed to find the baud and parity! Check all cables and switch settings!"

Thank you for your time in responding. I have been able to fix it. I went to the configuration screen and manually changed the baud rate and error checking settings. I then set RSLinx to conform to these settings and RSLinx detected it. I then changed the settings and tried the auto configure and it detected it successfully. Now it is working. I guess it needed some form of a reset. Thank you once again.

Are you using a USB to serial adapter or does your laptop have a real serial port? Autoconfigure doesn't always work with USB to serial adapters