Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daveinarmstrong

Anyone tried the USB SC09-FX to connect to FX2N 16MR

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the USB SC09-FX to connect to FX2N PLC? I am currently using a borrowed SC-09 cable and serial adapter with my Vista laptop with great success. I would like to save some money and purchase the USB SC09-FX to connect my Vista laptop to my Mitsubishi FX2N 16MR PLC. Does the USB SC09-FX work with Windows Vista?

what software you plan on using and are you sure it works with Vista? http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/publ...ftware_Versions

Hi, if you want to save money on a cable, you have another three options: 1) Connect the USB2RS-232 converter NOT through an SC-09 cable, but hook it up according to Sergei's diagram http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=609 2) Buy a USB2RS-422 converter and connect wires to mini-din. Sergei's diagram is a good reference for that. 3) Buy an after market SC-09 cable from China, there's a canadian ebay seller selling those for $50 or something. If your USB2RS232 cable works in Vista, you can pretty much say that the USB SC09 cable will also work because it is nothing more than a virtual COM port, just as the USB2RS232 converter. Michel

What are you referring to with the USB SC09 cable? I assume you mean FX-USB-AW, and it is completely supported under Vista with the version 1.10 drivers.

Did anyone try GX developer (or IEC) on Vista? According to list on www.meau.com they are not yet Vista compatible.

GX Developer is compatible as of version 8.62. MEAU has not released 8.62, and according to my sources will be releasing 8.78 shortly. The main holdup was Vista-compatible versions of GX Simulator and GX Configurator tools. I think GX IEC is compatible as of 7.03, but I have not seen a newer version than 7.01.

Yep seems to work very well. Tried it with gx iec and xp. will try it on win7 soon.