Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Datman

hydraulic configurator exe file

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I am looking for a copy of the "Hydraulic Configurator" software for the AB 1746-QS module. This is a free download from the rockwell website, but the link is not working correctly (http://www.ab.com/mem/appsys/prodinfo/applac/appla/QSsw/index.html) even when we are logged on correctly through the techconnect program. Does anyone have a copy or another link they could forward on to me? Cheers, Lyndsay

I can send you a copy but I am home now and the hydraulic configurator is at work. I hope you aren't in a hurry and can wait till Monday. Peter Nachtwey

Peter, did you have anything to do with the 1746-QS?

Yes

He's being modest,see link below. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=5

No, I was being lazy. It was late last night. I could tell the complete story but I doubt anyone would really care unless they are bored. In short, I made the proposal Rockwell. My business partner made the deal. I wrote the firmware, it was easy. I designed the QSCfg.exe but it was actually coded by an outside contractor. A hardware engineer at Delta designed the 1746QS harware. My company, Delta Computer Systems, still makes the 1746QS and ships them to Rockwell. Datman will be getting his QScfg.exe from the source. Any questions?

Thanks for the offer Peter, but Rockwell have come through over the weekend for us, and so we are underway. The application is on a clients existing system that we are trying to improve the response on - we have had a fair bit to do with the RMC gear, and knowing the history of the QS thought that there must be another copy of the setup software out there somewhere! The other guys in the shop here (Jaymor Industries) remember you from a trip you had to NZ a few years ago and so were interested to hear that you had come back to me. Thanks again.

It is good you found a copy of QSCfg.exe because I might not even get in on Monday. We are having a rare ore snow /sleet storm here. I don't even have snow tires so I walked to the store today. It is too far to walk to work. Say HI to the Jaymor crew. I still have my pictures of the visit there. I really enjoyed sailing on the NZ40. Hopefully the economic down turn hasn't hurt too much there. We are holding our own up here even though the saw mill industry has been in the toilet for a year or more. We have diversified into many different industries now. You have my e-mail address so you know how to get a hold of me. If you ever need to do more than simple point to point positioning you should look at the RMC75 and RMC150. They are much more powerful than the RMC100, 1746QS or even the 1756HYD02 and 1756M02AS. Many application will not even require a PLC.