Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDHammond

Q series Anolog In/Out

40 posts in this topic

What about the switch settings in the PLC Parameters for the card? Have you configured it to enable the appropriate channels as voltage or current? There is a complete tested working example for every Q Series intelligent module in the manual for that card. It shows both if you use GX Configurator, and the code required if you do not.

Yes I set the Switch settings to 0004 which is the -10 to 10 VDC on CH1. The only thing I see wrong is when I go to system monitor, then to modules detailed information, on the bottom left it has H/W information, when I bring that up, the H/W switch information isnt the same. They are all zeros. When I do the same for the analog in card the H/W switch settings are the same as in the PLC parameters? What does that mean? I have went through the manual and tried it exactlly as shown with my I/O numbers, I can see the values in the buffer memory batch. Just cant get the 0 to 10 out of the card. The last thing in my rung is where I moved D100 into U8\G1, Do I need a TO or FROM statement also? How can I sent a copy of the Ladder? Edited by JDHammond

OK. 2. Try setting the switch: You can probably do this with a device test U8\G1 = H4 Force Y89 on Check for X89 to go on Force Y89 off Edit : see correction below Edited by Veganic

The U8\G1 = H4 Whats should I do with that. I used device test and didnt see the X89 come on.

Sorry. Might have found the error, well my error at least. You have to set U8\G20 to H4 for -10 to 10VDC. (equivalent to switch setting 1) In the last post U8\G0 should be set to 1. Set U8\G0 to 1 to enable channel 1. Then set Y89. Wait for X89 reset Y89.

Ok for some reason I had U8\G0 instead of U8\G1. I got from 1.9 VDC to 9.6 VDC. I need 0-8 VDC going to my brake amplifier. Do I need to scale this? Thank you Veganic, and everyone else for you time and patience! I dont program full time so it takes me a little longer and I started out with Allen Bradley so I have to think a little more when I get on the Mitsubishi PLC's. I also have y81 on too So now I have x80 Pulse to MOV H4 U8\G1 and parrallel off that I SET Y89. Then I have X80 Y89 X89 NC goint to RST Y89 Then I have a SM400 to y81 and parrallel I moved D100 to U8\G1 and somehow its working????

If U8\G0 is set to H0000 when you set Y89 then yes it could still work. I think you set the bits to zero for the channels you want to use. So by not setting it it may be zero. I'd still change it though. Try the *untested* code for scaling by 0.8 Edit : that should be E* not E/ of course. Scale_x_point_eight.bmp Edited by Veganic

Ok 5 months later they want this installed on the actual machine and somebody else wrote the program. The only problem Im having is the head address. The module is in extension slot 30(2-6). What would be my head address now? 06B0 is the XY start address. Thanks

just remove last digit, becomes h06B....

Im almost possitive I tried that. All the TO/FROM Head addresses need to be H06B? I got 12 hours to work on it tommorow night and see if I can get it right! If I cant get it to work with that, Ill give you the error code from the PLC. The run light on the card goes out and the CPU goes into error! Thanks!!!!

Hope this is not too late... Get connected.....Diagnostics -> system monitor. This, I think, gives the head addresses for all installed units.

I went to Diagnostics-> PLC Diagnostics and clicked on the error and it gave me the step number where the error was! I wish I had seen that 12 hours earlier. The guy who wrote the program had the head addresses wrong and had the batch memory addresses wrong. He had the slot number U31\g11 instead of U6B\G11 and the TO/FROM head addresses as H4 instead of H6B and so on. If I would have had any hair I would have pulled it out by now. I guess thats what makes us better at it though. Thank you for your help again!