Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

New Company Name

26 posts in this topic

Hi I'm in the process of starting up a new company. It will be a system integrator/automation product sales type of business. We're struggling to come up with a good name for this company. We're trying to keep it simple, yet stay away from the acronyms. A one or two word name would be perfect. I was thinking "Google" but apparently it's taken...lol. So, any suggestions? A virtual beer will be awarded to the best suggestion!

I've always been partial to Aardvark Automation...it shows up first in most list But honestly a name is only something for people to refer to you as after you have earned a reputation. Isn't Google a strange name? How about Yahoo? They could have called them anything. It's what's in the company that matters. How about ESCI?

A very good frined of mine is named Allen. His oldest son happens to be named Bradley (Brad was born before Allen got into automation). Brad is long since grown up and Allen's company has been a father/son automation company for many years now. For some reason though he isn't really keen on using their names to name the business - I have no idea why though.

Maybe its to avoid having a dozen lawyers knocking on his door..lol

why not call it Delta? it is short, easy to spell, everyone has heard of it and in fact it's already used as company name for everything (hotel, airline, motion control,...)

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! It is bad enough our company founder had a lack of imagination. I joined the company a few years after it started. You forgot Delta Tau Delta. They are competitors and they too make motion controllers. Sometimes we get calls for them. Pick some other greek letter. Eta is shorter than Delta. If you pick two or more you will sound like a fraternity or sorority Peter Nachtwey President Delta Computer Systems, Inc. Edited by Peter Nachtwey

Force Automation Byte Control Automation Domination Automation Interface Integrators VARS Integration Conquest Controls Automation Integrators Autogrators Intemation

BSE (Best Service & Equipment) (Bullsh*t Enterprises) (Basic, Sincere, Expertise) LOL Delta would be a better choice though. 3D Services (Delta, delta, delta) he he

Daffy Controls

I always liked "Pick Two" as the name of an engineering company. Abbreviate it "P2" As in "Good, Fast, and Cheap: Pick Two." I always figured simple geographical names work well: "Northumberland Controls", "Green Gables Automation", "Island Integration Services". What I dislike is general terms that are nonspecific to the work being done: "Advanced Control Systems", "Dynamic Controls Inc.", "Control Technology Co.". How about "I Hope You Enjoy Your Silly Pulitzer Annie Proulx Automation Company Inc."

lol. We can affiliate with Looney Tunes Automation Interesting suggestions so far....

If you call the company Prince Edward Integrators every car with a PEI euro sticker is advertising for you.

How about using the name of a prominent geographical feature near you? Tynne Automation Bristol Controls Not being familiar with PEI I can't name other features, but its a suggestion.

What happens when the company moves? Delta Computer Systems started in Portland, Or then moved to Vancouver, Wa. In a few months we will move again to Battle Ground, WA. That would require a lot of name changes. The name Delta is all used up. Even 3D Services (Delta, delta, delta) is a sorority but the are commonly known as tri delts.. No more Deltas. Perhaps, we should rename ourselves to Battle Ground Motion are reduce the over use of Delta. Edited by Peter Nachtwey

I just set up a Generic numbered company. It was easier and I only need it for Banking and Invoicing. When people need help they know who to call. Some day if things ever slow down, I will think about a catchy name. Giz

Call it '10 Automation' on paper.... then answer the phones '2 Automation' and see how many people catch onto the binary... dang I must be overtired...

That jokes been told 1000 times. Probably 11 people actually got it. The other 101 had to have it explained to them.

Carpe diem Or ENGENISYS see logo and attached avi Logo2.bmp logo2_avi_file.rar

Cool logo there Sleepy. Did you make that up?

Yes, where were you when I was starting TW Controls?

obviously i've missed something!

No, you didn't miss anything. I just was complimenting Sleepy on his logo art work and quoted the wrong post

Yes, I made that up when thinking of a name for my own company, and did the animation also... .... that was over four years ago... your welcome to it... Choosing a name for my comapny was not easy, it was frustrating, when you think you are on a winner and then find out that it is already used... Encouraging you ... but you didn;t ask for suggestions for a comany name

Yes you were...and how could I forget the fire breathing Snoopy/Devil avatar

I found him...... heh heh heh...