Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gertsc

PANELVIEW 550

6 posts in this topic

Hello All, I installed a system with a PV550 and a ML1500 with two 1761-NET-AIC's a couple of years ago. The costumer want to do some changes to the HMI, so I am trying to modifye the HMI in the office using an old PV550 (2711-B5A5 FRN 1.07) and a ML1200. I did it 2 years ago but now I can't. I am conecting my laptop to one of the NET-AIC's via an 1747-UIC and cable 1761-CBL-PM02. and the micrologix to the other NET-AIC with cable 1761-CBL-HM02. This works fine, I can see the Micrologix 1200 in RSLinx. To connect to the PV550 I am using cable 1747-CP3 with a NULL-Modem adaptor. If I connect the PV550 to the NET-AIC where the 1747-UIC(laptop) is connected to I can see the PV550 in RSLinx but not the ML1200, and the same time the PV550 shows the error message "Require network node(s). If I connect the PV550 to the NET-AIC where the Micrologix 1200 is connected to I can't see either the PV550 or Micrologix 1200 in RSLinx but I do not get the "Node" error message on the PV550. Instead of using cable 1747-CP3 with a Null-Modem adapter I also tryed to use cable 2706-NC13 (straight trugh cable) as I think I did 2 years ago, but that doesn't work either. I am lost...... Regards gert

Check driver configuration, try few baud rate. I give you a link who show many config hardware - cable - hmi cable_configuration_and_connection.pdf

Thanks for the reply, The RSLinx driver I am using is "DH484 UIC Devices" I tryed different Baud Rates, no change gert Edited by gertsc

Hello again, I found an application note, saying to use a 2711-NC21 cable (9 pin straight trough) with pin 8 disconected. I made one up and tryed that, and now I can see both devices in RSLinx, and no errors on the HMI. However when I try to download to the HMI I get "[ Error 2258 - Unable to communicate with operator terminal, did not receive a response. ]" Is that because the cable connection is still incorrect, or what? Using PV550 2711-B5A5 FRN 1.07 DH485 Panel Builder32 ver 3.82.01 (Build 451) I also tryed different version Numbers when tryed to download gert

See pic Baud rates must be the same, each node must have a different node address. Edited by Mickey

Thanks for the reply I did exactly as in your diagram, using the 2711-NC21 cable. ( I am using an 1747-UIC between my laptop and the 1747-CP3 cable going into the first 1761-NET-AIC) ---- Still not working. Then I made an adapter between the 2711-NC21 cable and the PV550 where I tryed the following a) Disconnected pin 8, and b) crossed pin 7 & 8. Either way I can see the two devices in RSLinx, but I can not download a program to the PV550. Getting "[Error 2258 - Unable to communicate with operator terminal, did not receive a response.]" Laptop = Node 0 Micrologix 1200 is set to Node 1, Baud 19200 PV550 is set to Node 2, Baud 19200 Regards, gert