Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alfredopace

Modsoft to ProWorx32

5 posts in this topic

We got several RTUs using Modsoft, the laptop that has the software is Win 98 and is about to crash. I purchased ProWorx32 to convert all the RTUs. Well the first 5 RTUs convertions went OK. But I got one that after convertion cannot send all the data thru the MDS radio to SCADA, SCADA can only see the door intrusion alarm but not pumps status, levels and so forth, wich are block transfer to a word. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?? I re-loaded Modsoft back but still have the same problem. HELP PLEASE Alfredo Daniel

This sounds more like a program problem than a conversion of the programming software. Perhaps certain numeric data in the PLC is not set right for the application?

I have to agree with crossbow. The "conversion" doesn't change anything in the PLC processor at all.........therefore it should have not made any difference to your application. I suspect that somehow, somewhere in your conversion process, you inadvertantly changed something in one or more of your original PLC programs. Do you still have the original unaltered versions that you had backed up with Modsoft? If so, then I would reload each of your RTU's, one at a time, until the issue goes away, using the ORIGINAL Modsoft program and application software. If that doesn't rectify the issue, you may have other problems not related to your "conversion" process. I have done these software conversions and it is not a straight forward process. They should always done "offline".......... The proworx32 program was apparantly written by an individual(s) that has never used any previous proworx products and possibly never programmed a PLC! Having said that, you just have to "beat" your way through the proworx32 program........The manual that comes with it is poor. There is another downloadable manual that's a little better. Also there are two patches for bugs....patch A and patch B, also downloadable.

There is also the ProWorx 32 service pack 1 delivered in october 2008

I haven't used Modicon in so long my ProWORX 32 is version 1.1...