Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daveinarmstrong

3 Questions about GX Developer FX

5 posts in this topic

My experience is with Automation Direct and Direct soft 5 and I will be training myself to program Mitsubishi PLC's by purchasing the software. I know that Mitsubishi hasn't certified that GX Developer FX works in Vista, but has anyone used the Fx version in Vista? I'm told by my distributor that the full version of GX Developer works in Vista but I need to keep costs to a Minimum if possible. Will the FX version work with these components? Mitsubishi PLC FX2N 16MR Mitsubishi additional inputs FXON-8EX-ES (this is for inputs) Mitsubishi additional component FX2N-1PG (?) SERVO MOTOR CONTROLLER MR-J2S-40A Can I watch the ladder inputs, outputs on my PC when it is connected to the PLC?

Yes you can. You can also activate your outputs from the software. Edited by Gambit

There should be a new version of GX Developer-FX in the next couple months to support the new FX3G. This version would be new enough to work on Windows Vista. Current full packages (newer than 8.62) do support Vista. GX Developer-FX has not been upgraded since 8.45.

Gambit and crossbow thank you for your reply. I'll go ahead and buy the current version of FX because i need it right away and maybe update at a later date.

In North America when you buy software go to www.meau.com and register it to start a free 1 year maintenance plan. That way you get the next version when its released.