Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mttprctr

Numerical Display for C200 PLC

8 posts in this topic

Good afternoon, I have a older balancing machine that balances our armatures. The machine is set up so that if it does not balance that armature the first time it will try again a total of 3 times. The problem is that some times the machine will crash or the cutter will wear and the operators will not notice this and the cycle time goes from 10 s to 20-30. Their are counter on the unit that tell us once around twice around and 3rd time around. They are suppose to cal what the percentage is of 1 time around to maintain correct cycle time. But for the most part that goes unnoticed until we do some PM work on the line. I was looking around trying to find a display that is relatively cheap that we can install so that they can see what the percentage (rate of operation) is with out cal this info out. We have a C200 and I have room to put another card, I was just wondering if you guys know of a easy display that I could use to display the ratio. Any info would be appreciated Thanks Matt

Depending on exactly what C200H unit you have, there may be more than one possibility. One option would be to add a Host Link Module (#C200H-LK201-V1) and a NT11-SF121B-EV1 operator interface unit. Both in stock at Omron. Total cost a little over $900. This would give you a lot of flexibility. If it is a newer C200H (C200HS or C200Hx) you could use plug a NT2S unit into the peripheral port on the processor. Hope this will help.

Sounds like you want a simple no nonsense unit. I recently used this one on a small project and it worked well for me. Simple to program. http://www.idec.com/language/english/datas...1Fdatasheet.pdf

NT11 is almost obsolete thing...no touch screen, only 4 lines display (Only text, number and graphbar). If you want to use Omron product i suggest this: http://www.omron247.com/marcom/pdfcatal.ns...pdf?OpenElement It is not really made by Omron, (like the NT2S) but it is a touch screen, not more expensive than that NT-11, and less than half the price of monochrome NS product.

They only work with CP1 series PLC's. He is using a C200H.

Only CP1? Are you sure?

Well the sales brochure suggests that the NP is only for the CP series PLC's. Looking further into the manual it appears that it DOES support many other OMRON as well as other manufacturers. Apologies for my error!! NP_drivers.pdf

To be honest, i already knew this HMI and used it with omron PLC's before OMRON sell it. It is also sold by Eaton Cutler-Hammer. The software is free. This is exactly the same product. The software is almost the same. http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Markets/Elec...rface/index.htm